Interview with Jacob

Questions and comments
Seppia

Interview with Jacob

Post by Seppia »

Ciao
Jacob was kind enough to share some of his time for a podcast interview.

You can download it in podcast form on podbean here https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-5kb6i-ffbbaf
You can find the unedited audio track on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzsrP49qkTs
It will probably pop up on apple podcasts soon here (if you look it up via the app it's already there) https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i ... 1378613354
and also on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/4JXXJsajnHW1AonBXiKfgQ

A few notes:
- I was interested in "human being Jacob" so did not touch on personal finance/ere stuff. So we touched on topics where we have a common interest such as sports, cooking, being a foreigner in a different country and watches.
- I definitely speak too much, and I am really sorry about this.
I've been doing a lot of podcasting since 2007 but never done interviews. Among hosts a slight, one-second pause is a signal to the other host to start talking.
I knew going into this that Jacob would have pauses and I should just shut up but the reflexes kicked in too often. Again really sorry about this.
- The podcast is originally an Italian personal finance podcast, so feel free to ignore all the rest of the content :)
- Excuse my terrible Italian accent.
- The links to the books in the podcast notes are amazon affiliate links. I use the proceeds to cover my hosting costs ($30 yearly) and anything beyond that goes to charity (PIME, it's an Italian catholic mission). Last year around $250 went to charity. I have already covered my hosting costs this year.

theanimal

Re: Interview with Jacob

Post by theanimal »

Nice interview! I enjoyed the alternative approach. It almost feels like an older interview as many of the topics discussed were those that made regular appearances or mentions on the ERE blog, but never get mentioned elsewhere.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I didn't think you were talking too much/jumping in and I was looking for it after your disclaimer. Especially considering it was your first interview. Also, ever since you mentioned your accent was like "Mario on steriods", my curiousity has been piqued. Nice to put another voice to a handle. :)

Quadalupe

Post by Quadalupe »

I enjoyed it too! I felt it was more of some kind of back and forth (aka a conversation) you would have at a meetup, because you (Seppia) also share some stories or opinions on certain topics. So don't worry about your interview technique, unless jacob was very miffed that he couldn't talk about his watch collection more. :P You (both) are easy to understand as well and the Italian accent is fun, not terrible!

Dave

Post by Dave »

Count me as another who really enjoyed the interview, good job Seppia!

Seppia

Post by Seppia »

Thanks for the kind words.
I re listened to it and aside for the terrible volume difference (I am stupid: I spent 30 mins editing to adjust the volumes and add an intro and then just uploaded the unedited version by mistake) it wasn’t that bad.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Seppia, you give yourself too little credit. I thought the balance of guest/host was quite good. I thought the approach of exploring a little of the periphery was a great editorial choice. That's somewhat driven by my sort of knowing the two of you in the online sense, but for anyone reasonably conversant in ere it was possible to get a sense of where ere fits into life as a whole from a couple of different perspectives. Thanks for sharing that.

Western Red Cedar

Post by Western Red Cedar »

IlliniDave wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 am
Seppia, you give yourself too little credit. I thought the balance of guest/host was quite good. I thought the approach of exploring a little of the periphery was a great editorial choice.
+1 - I really enjoyed the approach to the interview. Well done @Seppia. I think you actually understood @Jacob's humor and jokes much more than other podcasts I've heard recently.

xmj

Post by xmj »

Yeah this was really fun, thanks for doing it!
Cheers

Frita

Post by Frita »

Thank you, @Seppia, I enjoyed the conversational tone and direction of the topics. Being so active on the forum gives you a leg up. Will you do an encore?

To me, your English accent is not an issue **at all.** You are certainly fluent and use of idioms well.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

That was very enjoyable.

@Seppia -- You were a good host. Stop apologizing. :)