How did you find earlyretirementextreme.com?

Questions and comments
ZAFCorrection

Re: How did you find earlyretirementextreme.com?

Post by ZAFCorrection » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Lifehacker ran a piece on MMM back when he was getting his start. It took about two seconds after that to find ERE and I been lurking here ever since.

Though, I still have yet to be on the path toward true systems perfection. Mostly just good with money and possessing of a pressure cooker in which legumes are prepared. I'm starting an ERE cargo cult if anyone is interested.

Lemur

Post by Lemur » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 pm

I can't remember....I know I found MMM first and than Reddit after that. Ended up here after being recommended the book.

wolf

Post by wolf » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 pm

My colleagues at work talked a lot about retiring early (in a traditional sense between 60-63yo). And then I asked them in a discussion about it how to retire really early, like extreme early. In an instance I noticed that idea and googled it. Of course Jacob's site was on the top of the search results. It catched my eyes, I read it, and everything made sense!

prognastat

Post by prognastat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Not quite sure, I know I was searching retirement savings related things to learn about my work 401k, came across MMM which introduced me to FIRE and then shortly after when searching for more FIRE content came across ERE.

Bankai

Post by Bankai » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Had a really bad day/month at work towards the end of 2012 and started googling 'how to retire early'. After few hours of surfing through a lot of nonsense, I found this place.