A brief discussion of abortion

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
BRUTE

Re: A brief discussion of abortion

Post by BRUTE »

that whole thing kinda falls apart if she voluntarily created the parasite within herself.

CoffeeSnob

Post by CoffeeSnob »

Let’s try to structure logic around my view point;

If you kill a normal/healthy adult without cause I think we would all agree that that would be “morally wrong”... why? Because of his or her “inevitable future”.

On the other hand, an adult in a veggitative state has no future, and a murderer presents a “future danger” to society... we are going to conveniently ignore these scenarios for the sake of simplicity.

Using the above definition of “morally wrong” and valuation of human life (future based) here is my statement of logic;

Killing a healthy adult human without cause is morally wrong because they have an inevitable future
A fetus has an inevitable future
Therefore killing a fetus is morally wrong

* I would like to separate the woman’s bodily rights for now... that is phase 2 of my logic, and is unrelated to establishing fetal rights
** I don’t want to meander in to a discussion about defining morality

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

BRUTE wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 am
that whole thing kinda falls apart if she voluntarily created the parasite within herself.
What percentage voluntarily get pregnant then decide to abort? If you are just blaming them for having sex, I oppose that because I think there is too little sex going on now, not too much.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

but having sex is what causes the pregnancy, is it not?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Men have the luxury of being able to think of their bodies as being like machines and their lives as being like video games or some other complicated but essentially linear quest(or maybe at least until the day on some battlefield they find themselves trying to tuck a brother’s guts back into his belly.) Women not so much because our bodies change in rhythm with the moon and the oceans.

Inside does matter when you are 6 lunar months pregnant and suffering from acute appendicitis and alone alone in a hospital.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

BRUTE wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 am
but having sex is what causes the pregnancy, is it not?
Not with me, ha! But yeah they should probably quit getting raped and stuff too.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

percentage of abortions where the pregnancy was initiated by rape? brute would be surprised if it's significant.