Pr. Keshe, Magrav, Gans, an esotheric version of ERE

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Jean

Pr. Keshe, Magrav, Gans, an esotheric version of ERE

Post by Jean »

I don't know if any of you know about him.
Basicaly, he claims that if you make some coper coils, treat them with acid and alkali, then plug them on the grid, you will save on utilities, eat less , have much less need because you will be fed by the plasma it creates, and feel happyer.
I first tought it was complete bs. My consciouscness made me check again. I still think it can't work. I haven't made the device yet, because copper is expensive and I think it wont work.
But.
What if it is just a scheme to make people more frugal, because this professor thinks that people need to massively become more frugal, and so like Jacob appealed to the rational ones by promising an early retirement, Keshe appeals to the magic thinking one, by offering a magic device that will fill their needs. A little bit like homeopathy.
There is a lot of material provided by this professor. He claims he get acess to free energy. I feel like I have to do a lot of research about it to discard those claims with something else than thing I think I know.. I don't ask you to do the research for me. I just would like to know how credible my explanation is in my favorite internet community.

Kriegsspiel

Re: Pr. Keshe, Magrav, Gans, an esotheric version of ERE

Post by Kriegsspiel »

What is happening.

Optimal_Solution

Post by Optimal_Solution »

Your gut is right, he is full of crap.

I'd argue that his material is harmful. Perpetuating magical thinking is a dead end for his users. A trap.

I didn't check out his site, but free energy is a proven impossibly. And all evidence and experience indicates that humans require calories, not electricity.

If he is spouting ideas like that, then he is not teaching people to think critically. People who don't think critically will fall for more BS ideas. They will fall prey to the manipulations of others.

To make continual upward progress, people need to be equipped to make choices that benefit themselves. That requires mental models that agree with reality to some degree. This guy isn't helping.

Jean

Post by Jean »

I think he is talking BS because he realised most people aren't rational. I find it to be an interesting approache. Especially since he is probably rational himself. People that believe him really start to eat and heat less.
I just mean that instead of telling people to eat and heat less, he tells them that his magical device will help them. And they believe it and do it. But wouldn't have done it if just told to do it.
I'm interested in this, because It ain't be enough if all the rational peoples start doing the right things. It needs everyone.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

1st order irrational/arbitrary, but 2nd order rational. Interesting.

SOP is largely 1st order rational, but 2nd order irrational/arbitrary.

ERE is 1st order rational. 2nd order rational.

Jean

Post by Jean »

SOP = standard operative rational?

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I guess what I meant is that 1st order rational = practical. I think a simple majority of human beings are practical, but not 2nd order rational. IOW, if they see that it works they will do it, but they don't want to be bothered with acquiring any knowledge about why it works.

OTOH, there is a minority of human beings (some of whom may frequent this forum ) who are rational without being practical. IOW, once they know why it works, they behave as though they believe that there is no need to actually do it. It is easy to spot them because you will frequently make use of phrases such as "In theory,.." or "Yes, but...." , and they often do not notice that they are wearing mismatched socks.

High functioning INTJs seem to be capable of both practical and rational behavior.