Who'd a thunk it? Obamacare not repealed

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
bryan

Re: Who'd a thunk it? Obamacare not repealed

Post by bryan »

@IlliniDave, roll tide? AL just needs Saban to be governor then it will turn into OR. Huntsville continues to grow, Birmingham/JeffCo gets some better governance, and the state shifts to some OR policies and all of a sudden the state will be a pretty nice place (except for global warming).

From travelling around just a bit in the US, I think my decision would involve how the state (and citizens) treats land e.g. I prefer CA/WA/OR's openness to TX's endless fences. Healthcare factors would probably more likely be centred around availability/quality/cost of care rather than social safety nets (though I would like it if the state had some teeth, like CA/TX).

edit: @IlliniDave AL confirmed :P So you think the voting scheme will be changed? I doubt it, short-term. edit2: though I think your prediction will end up panning out for other reasons.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

bryan wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:02 pm
From travelling around just a bit in the US, I think my decision would involve how the state (and citizens) treats land e.g. I prefer CA/WA/OR's openness to TX's endless fences. Healthcare factors would probably more likely be centred around availability/quality/cost of care rather than social safety nets (though I would like it if the state had some teeth, like CA/TX).
Yep, Alabama. My decision where to land involves family first, hence Illinois and Wisconsin as candidates (folks live maybe 15 mi from ILL/WI border), and secondarily where my summertime hideout is (MN). Illinois is tax-wise very favorable regarding "retirement" income, Minnesota not so much. Unsure about Wisconsin. Property taxes in Illinois are pretty steep, but the value of what I'll own there will be low (in part because the tax rates put a lot of downward pressure on prices that is not offset by demand in most of my hometown area). Wisconsin is even higher and Minnesota is lower but still 3X Alabama.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes. ... y,amp.html

The newest development in this area

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

The one package people are highly pleased with is Medicaid. Let’s mirror that.
lol