Local Climate Change

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
IlliniDave

Re: Local Climate Change

Post by IlliniDave »

jacob, you completely misread my posts starting with the first one. Diction is important. Last thing I'll say is I chose the word "mitigate" carefully. You are incorrectly assigning an agenda to me so you are right we should not discuss it here or anywhere else probably. My apologies, I did not realize the people at twc.com disagreed w/you, else I would not have made mention of that video they put up recently.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Re: Local Climate Change

Post by jacob »

I do not assign an agenda to you. However, given that the graph and link you posted leads to the opposite conclusion than the point you were trying to make(*) as well as having a negligible effect on the point you were making in your first post, I don't think you understand the physical mechanism you're talking about even at a basic level. You definitely misunderstood a bunch of things.

The TWC scientists' comments about the solar cycle is like saying that "things fall down". It's not some novel discovery. You're seemingly getting hooked up on who says what and whether you think some messengers are more agenda driven than others. But this is a simple case of you not understanding the solar/climate science equivalent of "things fall down". It's not about messengers. It's about understanding enough about the relevant science to have an informed opinion before making scientific comments.

The reason we should not discuss it here is that uninformed comments that don't demonstrate rudimentary understanding of the field will add more noise than signal because such nonsense will add negative information flow to other people who are also insufficiently informed to tell the difference between correct and incorrect or relevant and irrelevant statements. Letting them stand for discussion has already been tried in three other threads with more than 1000+ posts and they all got taken over eventually by sciency bunk comments.