Clinton Coverup Queen

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Dragline

Re: Clinton Coverup Queen

Post by Dragline »

jacob wrote:@ffj - You're asking way too much; at least, if you want it for free. That kind of journalism requires effort and it doesn't attract a large audience either, so it can't compete on ad-based terms.
Yes, we do "get what we pay for". And since what is being paid for are your eyeballs to sell you shit, all the effort goes into learning about the demographics and targeting them with stories that the audience is likely to be attracted to. News organizations have learned the hard way that paying for lots of investigative reporting is not a very good way of running a news business anymore if they want to make a profit and/or remain in business.

You can buy real intelligence into any given topic with private investigators and researchers, but its usually pretty expensive. But a lot of the "boring but important" data is just free for people who bother to look at it on their own. Just don't expect to find much of it on a "news" site or one that relies heavily on targeted ads.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

Gilberto de Piento wrote:Ockham's razor says the simplest answer is probably right.
Ockham was a globalist shill for the liberal media, that's just science. brute thinks Hillary has been replaced by a robot.

Gilberto de Piento

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

Maybe BRUTE and HILLARY run on the same software. Brute got deployed to PF forums and Hillary got deployed to politics.
Last edited by Gilberto de Piento on Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

clearly the 2 most impactful areas of humanity. brute for one welcomes his new AI overlords.

GandK

Post by GandK »

Gilberto de Piento wrote:Maybe BRUTE and HILLARY run on software. Brute got deployed to PF forums and Hillary got deployed to politics.
:lol: That was awesome.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

BRUTE wrote:
Gilberto de Piento wrote:Ockham's razor says the simplest answer is probably right.
Ockham was a globalist shill for the liberal media, that's just science. brute thinks Hillary has been replaced by a robot.
Yup. She's dead. http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/0 ... weeks-ago/

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

C'mon ... what do you think the Clinton camp would have said a few months ago if Sanders had fainted and staffers were routinely giving him physical assistance? (or he was wearing corrective glasses, or had a history of clots, or a history of falls, or was routinely late for appearances, or had a persistent cough ...) They would have hammered him with it.

It's fair game, and the feeding frenzy is her own fault for not being forthcoming (again). As I said, I don't really care if she's ill if it's an illness that can be managed (like May's). What matters to me is that we have all pertinent information *on both candidates* before voting and that includes health records. I think if you want to be president, you waive your right to privacy on most matters.

I know you guys are neverTrumpers, and that's fine, but you have to admit that Clinton's unbridled need for secrecy is a constant liability for her.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

jesus! brute's heart actually stopped for a beat.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Ben Wa?

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

jennypenny wrote: you have to admit that Clinton's unbridled need for secrecy is a constant liability for her.
Yup. That's why I said that Trump can't beat Clinton, but Clinton sure can beat Clinton. She seems to be working overtime on it. I keep seeing Bill Murray in my head from Stripes yelling "STUPID!"

My bold prediction is that the candidate that garners the most press coverage in the next 8 weeks loses.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

BRUTE wrote:
jesus! brute's heart actually stopped for a beat.
I just got Brute to invoke the name of Our Lord and Savior. Am I good or what? :lol:

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Even Powell called her out for her shenanigans ... https://theintercept.com/2016/09/13/col ... ll-emails/

“Sad thing,” Powell wrote to one confidant, “HRC could have killed this two years ago by merely telling everyone honestly what she had done and not tie me to it.”

“I told her staff three times not to try that gambit. I had to throw a mini tantrum at a Hampton’s party to get their attention. She keeps tripping into these ‘character’ minefields,” Powell lamented.

He doesn't stop there ...

“They are going to dick up the legitimate and necessary use of emails with friggin record rules. I saw email more like a telephone than a cable machine,” Powell wrote last year to his business partner Jeffrey Leeds. “As long as the stuff is unclassified. I had a secure State.gov machine. Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris.”

Powell added in a tangential complaint: “I told you about the gig I lost at a University because she so overcharged them they came under heat and couldn’t any fees for awhile. I should send her a bill.”

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

ffj wrote:In all seriousness, this latest incident is yet another example of her being incapable of honesty.
maybe that's why this election is so infuriating. HRC and The Donald are so similar in so many ways. to both, it's not even lying any more, it's a way of life. Trump has such strong egomania and personality disorder that he literally believes everything that comes out of his mouth. Clinton is just a good ol' sociopath for whom other humans aren't any more real than cardboard boxes.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

ffj wrote:@Brute
I don't think anybody doubts at this point that they are both massive liars. Personally, I have a much bigger problem with cold, calculated, manipulative lies than with bluster and exaggeration. The type of lie told matters, and I feel her types are much more dangerous. Others disagree obviously.
brute is pretty agnostic to the type of lying. the road to hell is paved with good intentions, fuck humans who believe their own bullshit.

brute still isn't sure if he should support The Johnson or The Meteorite. at least the meteorite has a chance of winning.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

But the Johnson doesn't need to win, to win.

More to the point, there is a consolation prize the demopubs have always denied the 3rd parties: a share of the presidential election fund. This is where the money in the war chests come from (excluding bribes/donations, of course).

You need to get 5% of the popular vote to get a share, Nader is the closest to that goal, so far.

This elections candidates are so repugnant, the real goal of 3rd parties should be to sell themselves as an "I OBJECT!!!" vote.

Hitting the parties in the pocketbook is the only way to be heard, as the party elites have demonstrated that losing is a better option (for them) than changing.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

The Trump thread has been getting all the love lately, so I'm going to post any debate tidbits in this thread.

From my friends in the press pool so far ...
-- There's a new drinking game. You pick either Clinton or Trump, and then drink whenever she coughs or he references making american great again. Should make for a good hangover regardless of your pick. ;)
-- There's a pool for the over/under on when Mark Cuban interrupts the debate. There's a secondary bet where you can lay odds on whether the interruption is timed to disguise a coughing fit.
-- Some in the pool are hoping the debate goes full Jerry Springer with all of the crazy sort-of-invited guests who are trying to attend. The network is clamping down hard, but the camps are pushing back and won't give up anything without getting something in return.

I don't expect much substance from tonight's debate. Both candidates are only trying to avoid sabotaging their own campaigns. Instead of a debate, I'd rather see Alex Trebek host the candidates on Jeopardy! Stein and Johnson can be partners. TI think that would be a lot more entertaining.

GandK

Post by GandK »

@jp I'm looking forward to your reports.

I like the drinking game. I'm also seeing debate bingo cards like this one all over the Internet. Maybe we can merge the two...

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

The Trump camp is nervous. Word is he's not as prepared as he should be. Certainly not as prepared as Clinton. If her stamina holds, he might be in trouble.

@GandK -- Have you ever played swear bingo? It's a family favorite. :D

GandK

Post by GandK »

I have never even heard of swear bingo, but I love the idea! 8-)

Ego

Post by Ego »

No joke. A sign just outside the debate reads....
“Trigger warning: The event conducted just beyond this sign may contain triggering and/or sensitive material. Sexual violence, sexual assault, and abuse are some topics mentioned within this event. If you feel triggered, please know there are resources to help you.”