Terrorism

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
7Wannabe5

Re: Terrorism

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yeah, and white people never do stupid shit to other white people either.
July 9, 1772
The Pennsylvania Gazette

East Whiteland, July 6, 1772. RUN away from the subscriber, on Sunday, the 5th inst. an Irish servant lad, named PATRICK HAMILTON, alias McCONNEL, about 5 feet 6 inches high, pale complexion, has light coloured hair, which usually hung over his face, he is about 17 years of age, and speaks much on the Scotch dialect; had on a blue coat, jacket and breeches, or striped ticken trowsers, good shoes, large brass buckles, and a tolerable good hat. About the 13th of June last he arrived in Philadelphia, in the ship Jupiter, Capt. Ewing, and probably may go there, in order to meet with some of his connexions. Whoever apprehends the said Hamilton, alias McConnel, and secures him, so that his master may get him again, shall have FOUR DOLLARS reward, and reasonable charges, paid by Doctor SAMUEL KENNEDY.

N. B. The said servant used to pass by the name of Patrick McConnel, in Ireland; by falling from a horse, his left arm is bruised and swelled.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:As always, hate to beat a dead horse but simple racism would have prevented this with 100% reliability.
how so? perp has not been found, they seem to have no idea who did it. so far, the best strategy against this attack would've been to arm polish truck drivers. 2nd amendment in Poland!

ShriekingFeralHatred

Post by ShriekingFeralHatred »

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:They are now saying he was Tunisian. A cursory glance at Wikipedia tells me it is a 99% racially arab country with 98% muslim population.
The comment I think is relevant is "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim".

I know plenty of good muslims. I even know fundamentalist muslims who are good people. I also think it's a tiny percentage who are crazy nutters. In stating that the Islam religion has some real problems. I think you believe it's about keeping them out of our countries. I don't think it's that simple. There is a belief that they have to convert the world to their form of crazy.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:
steveo73 wrote:I know plenty of good muslims.
They are lying to you. They listen to and thus assent to a preacher who says you should be put to death.
This isn't true. There are plenty of good muslims. They don't do anything at all like you state. I suggest you read up on this. At the moment there is a significant part of the Islam religion that is fundamentalist. I hate this crap with a passion. Not all muslims though follow this line.

Within that fundamentalist movement there would be a small percentage of crazies that believe in terrorism and then a small percentage that would actually commit a terrorist act.

I still though would like to see the whole fundamentalist crap disappear.
ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:
I think you believe it's about keeping them out of our countries. I don't think it's that simple. There is a belief that they have to convert the world to their form of crazy.
My problems with them are twofold - one they want to kill us, but secondly they are a different race. I do not want "the good muslims" in my country, even if they "assimilate," unless they are the same race as me.
I think that is a weird comment. We are all human beings. I don't like racism. I don't believe people need to assimilate in any significant fashion. They simply need to accept that people are different and other people don't have to comply with their religion.

I live in a multicultural society. I like it. I'm white. My wife is asian. The area I live in is full of asians. I go the gym (I do jiu-jitsu) and there are people of middle eastern, asian , european and islander background. Most people can get along just fine. One of the guys who used to go my gym and was the best student was Muslim. He wouldn't drink or smoke but he did go out gambling with some of the other guys. He fits in just fine within society.

ShriekingFeralHatred

Blah

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Funny, I could swear Muslims, Jews, and Christians all arose from the same race in the Middle East and that it's merely the choice of religion which differentiates them.

Ego

Post by Ego »

George the original one wrote:Funny, I could swear Muslims, Jews, and Christians all arose from the same race in the Middle East and that it's merely the choice of religion which differentiates them.
Yeah, we once followed a gaggle of Franciscan monks around the old city of Jerusalem from one station of the cross to the next. At one point near the fifth station where Simon of Cyrene was believed to have helped Christ carry the cross, I looked down at my map and realized that if I had a good arm I might just be able to throw a baseball to the Dome of the Rock, the spot where Muslims believe that Muhammad ascended to heaven, then turn slightly and throw another to the Western (wailing) Wall, one of the holiest sites in Judaism, and then turn around and throw a third to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre which contains Calvary, the spot where Christians believe that Christ was crucified. Now that I think about it, I was slightly optimistic regarding my throwing arm, but you get the picture.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

increasing genetic diversity by mating with humans of other races is key to increasing population health. it's called inbreeding for a reason.

rube

Post by rube »

Mumbling something about species and races and wondering when somebody is trolling or is dead seriously.... :?
I don't like trolls but would prefer it in this case above the other option :( .

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

It's like saying Mexicans are a race. Well I guess they sort of are, considering many of them are Native American.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:Yeah lions sure are retards for only breeding with other lions. They would be much more effective lions with some munchkin cat blood in their gene pool. #LoveWins
I hope you aren't that stupid to think that humans are actually different species based on where they were born or their skin colour. My wife is Filipino and we seem to get along as well as any male and female can be expected to get along. My kids are obviously half white and half asian. In saying that it's even more complex than that because my wife has a bit of everything in her - Chinese, Spanish, Filipino etc. My wife also came to Australia when she was 8. Is she Filipino or Australian ?

Also don't you have a thing for people of a different colour. I'm a small white guy. I fantasize about big black women.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

I fantasize about women who say "Yes."

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

enigmaT120 wrote:I fantasize about women who say "Yes."
Yeah I've also been told no but it was more like "No no no!" :?

Ego

Post by Ego »

I'm not sure this deserves its own topic so I'll post it here where it somewhat fits...

When America's Melting Pot Works

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2017 ... nt=event25

In a world torn by religious bitterness, the United States has repeatedly managed to assimilate clashing faiths. It was true for Quakers and Baptists in the 18th century, for Catholics in the 19th, and for Mormons and Jews in the 20th. It is proving true yet again in this century for American Muslims.

The Pew Research Center recently released the results of a detailed survey of Muslims in the United States — the third it has conducted since 2007....

US Muslims are replicating the age-old trajectory of religious minority communities: They adopt American values, reject fundamentalism, and form ties of friendship and love across religious lines.

In the latest poll, an overwhelming 92 percent of Muslims agree with the patriotic statement “I am proud to be an American.” When asked how much they feel they have in common with most Americans, 60 percent of Muslims say “a lot” and another 28 percent say “some.” Only 36 percent say that all or most of their friends are fellow Muslims, a striking drop from the 49 percent who said so in the 2011 survey — and far less than the 95 percent of Muslims who say so in other countries.

---------

The US system works if we let it work. We can argue about all of the ugly that comes out of America. This is certainly one of the most beautiful things we produce.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I can't read the article you linked, but my experience living, working and being in relationship with Muslim-Americans absolutely supports your summary of the poll. In fact, even in the Muslim majority recent-immigrant community where I taught, the rapidity with which the children assimilated was almost shocking. And I wouldn't even say that compulsory education was the primary factor, even though I would sometimes amuse myself and the children by singing the last line "the land of the free, and the home of the brave" with emphasis when it was played over the speaker system every Friday morning. The kids just love everything that the American market makes readily available, like Disney movies, cars, rap music, and pizza.

Inter-marriage is also rampant because Islam straight-forwardly allows its male adherents to marry any female who is "a person of the book", which means anybody who belongs to a religion of the Abrahamic line including Judaism and all varieties of Christianity. Men who want to marry Islamic females within the faith, are required to convert/revert, but since Islam is a religion entered into through personal declaration, with no ultimate authority on the matter, this isn't a huge barrier. I work with one very nice young woman from Yemen who is engaged to a young man from Albania. Also, there is the not insignificant African-American community which sort of bridges the difference.

I have heard and read complaints from 1st generation Muslim-American immigrants that their kids are too rapidly abandoning their cultural heritage, and I would definitely agree that, for better or worse, this is what is happening. It is really fun and interesting to observe this chaotic churn which produces novelties such as Ghost Pizza, Arabic Hip-Hop, and little girls running around on a basketball court with pink Converse peeking out from under their conservative dress. My Persian-American ex was just barely able to get his teenage daughters to agree to at least not wear tank tops in public (for some reason, he thought upper arm exposure was the worst-lol) , and I am quite certain that they did whatever they pleased as soon as they were out of his sight. These cultures are all more yelling and laughing and okay with being crowded, so most of what I witness is very much like in some movie or TV show featuring members of other immigrant groups with somebody yelling "Eat, eat! Where are you going! Answer me!" as somebody else who behaves like Vinnie Barbarino laughs and runs out the door to do as he pleases.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 am
for some reason, he thought upper arm exposure was the worst
sufficiently brown upper arms are kryptonite. wise man.

Ego

Post by Ego »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:03 am
It is really fun and interesting to observe this chaotic churn which produces novelties such as Ghost Pizza, Arabic Hip-Hop, and little girls running around on a basketball court with pink Converse peeking out from under their conservative dress.
Chaotic churn. Yes. Hopefully we can continue to fill the pot with new and interesting people to feed your chaotic churn.