Terrorism

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
BRUTE

Re: Terrorism

Post by BRUTE »

so chad is saying that there exists a fundamental conflict of interest between humans and their governments?

brute is speechless.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

I believe that maybe I have become too emotionally engaged to think rationally about this issue. Apparently, FOX just did a piece on the community in which I live because the city council became majority Muslim in the last election, and many of the thousands of commentators were of the opinion that my neighborhood ought to be bombed out of existence. Then I think about all the young children recently immigrated from Bangladesh, Yemen , etc. that I teach. Like this one 5 year old who is a head shorter than the rest of the children because he has some sort of congenital condition, but he is unfailingly cheerful, clever and tough. It was over 90 degrees in the classroom the first week of school, and he had no English, but by the end of the second day he had learned how to say "Water" and he was so proud of himself. One day he finished his lunch before most of the other kids and was still hungry, so he used his low height to advantage and crept down the lunch table aisle, snagging food of the trays of his classmates. It just makes me feel so sad and frustrated that these children may be at some risk, and I don't even know what to do to help, except maybe wish that everybody with an IQ under 100 would be denied suffrage.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@ffj: Yes, that is it. FOX was just doing it's usual predictably biased spin on the situation, but some of the comments of their viewers were flat-out scary. I have lived in a number of communities over the years, and the debate over the volume of the call to prayer here is much more tame than the debate over roaming cats in a very ethnically homogeneous rural small town I once lived in. In fact, my local-civic-activist friend and I are on different sides on this issue. More of an IJ vs. EP thing than a religious issue. One funny thing is that you are allowed to have up to 6 of a variety of small animals here, but not chickens, because the small ethnic markets feared competition from the urban farmers. If FOX news had asked any old Polish people around here if they would rather be living next door to a nice Muslim immigrant family vs. a house full of medical marijuana using hipster kids then that might have been informative. They also completely neglected to mention that many of the immigrants from Eastern Europe are newly arrived here. Lots of people from Albania, Bosnia, etc. with very little English, and they tend to hang out with people who fluently speak their language too- (duh)

BTW, my gardens are just a couple blocks away from the Middle Eastern restaurant that has that beautiful painting shown in the clip. The very nice man who owns the restaurant just had it coated to protect it from fading. One thing people should hold in mind is that there are burnt out buildings with slogans such as "I Will Kill You!" spray-painted on them walking distance from this neighborhood.

Of course, I do not want to deny anybody the right to vote. I am just made so exhausted by the weight of ignorance sometimes.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

A guy I used to work with had a funny idea for a voting test. One of the questions on the ballot would be "Do you think Elvis is still alive?" If you say "yes" then you continue to vote, but it won't be counted.

I wish these entertaining people would quit retiring before I can. They make work a lot better.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Ha! That's actually a great idea if you could keep the real purpose a secret. You could also use, "Do you think we landed on the moon?"

Ego

Post by Ego »

Russian Ambassador assassinated in Turkey. If the perpetrator has Gulenists ties this could get ugly.

Chad

Post by Chad »

Erdogan will make this connection no matter what. Just more of an excuse for him to become a truly brutal dictator. Ataturk is rolling over in his grave.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

guy was shouting allah akbar like a pro in the video brute saw

ShriekingFeralHatred

Post by ShriekingFeralHatred »

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:As always, hate to beat a dead horse but simple racism would have prevented this with 100% reliability.
Yeah, cause white people never do stupid shit.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Yeah, and white people never do stupid shit to other white people either.
July 9, 1772
The Pennsylvania Gazette

East Whiteland, July 6, 1772. RUN away from the subscriber, on Sunday, the 5th inst. an Irish servant lad, named PATRICK HAMILTON, alias McCONNEL, about 5 feet 6 inches high, pale complexion, has light coloured hair, which usually hung over his face, he is about 17 years of age, and speaks much on the Scotch dialect; had on a blue coat, jacket and breeches, or striped ticken trowsers, good shoes, large brass buckles, and a tolerable good hat. About the 13th of June last he arrived in Philadelphia, in the ship Jupiter, Capt. Ewing, and probably may go there, in order to meet with some of his connexions. Whoever apprehends the said Hamilton, alias McConnel, and secures him, so that his master may get him again, shall have FOUR DOLLARS reward, and reasonable charges, paid by Doctor SAMUEL KENNEDY.

N. B. The said servant used to pass by the name of Patrick McConnel, in Ireland; by falling from a horse, his left arm is bruised and swelled.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:As always, hate to beat a dead horse but simple racism would have prevented this with 100% reliability.
how so? perp has not been found, they seem to have no idea who did it. so far, the best strategy against this attack would've been to arm polish truck drivers. 2nd amendment in Poland!

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:They are now saying he was Tunisian. A cursory glance at Wikipedia tells me it is a 99% racially arab country with 98% muslim population.
The comment I think is relevant is "not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim".

I know plenty of good muslims. I even know fundamentalist muslims who are good people. I also think it's a tiny percentage who are crazy nutters. In stating that the Islam religion has some real problems. I think you believe it's about keeping them out of our countries. I don't think it's that simple. There is a belief that they have to convert the world to their form of crazy.

ShriekingFeralHatred

blah
Last edited by ShriekingFeralHatred on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

steveo73

Post by steveo73 »

ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:
steveo73 wrote:I know plenty of good muslims.
They are lying to you. They listen to and thus assent to a preacher who says you should be put to death.
This isn't true. There are plenty of good muslims. They don't do anything at all like you state. I suggest you read up on this. At the moment there is a significant part of the Islam religion that is fundamentalist. I hate this crap with a passion. Not all muslims though follow this line.

Within that fundamentalist movement there would be a small percentage of crazies that believe in terrorism and then a small percentage that would actually commit a terrorist act.

I still though would like to see the whole fundamentalist crap disappear.
ShriekingFeralHatred wrote:
I think you believe it's about keeping them out of our countries. I don't think it's that simple. There is a belief that they have to convert the world to their form of crazy.
My problems with them are twofold - one they want to kill us, but secondly they are a different race. I do not want "the good muslims" in my country, even if they "assimilate," unless they are the same race as me.
I think that is a weird comment. We are all human beings. I don't like racism. I don't believe people need to assimilate in any significant fashion. They simply need to accept that people are different and other people don't have to comply with their religion.

I live in a multicultural society. I like it. I'm white. My wife is asian. The area I live in is full of asians. I go the gym (I do jiu-jitsu) and there are people of middle eastern, asian , european and islander background. Most people can get along just fine. One of the guys who used to go my gym and was the best student was Muslim. He wouldn't drink or smoke but he did go out gambling with some of the other guys. He fits in just fine within society.

ShriekingFeralHatred

Blah

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Funny, I could swear Muslims, Jews, and Christians all arose from the same race in the Middle East and that it's merely the choice of religion which differentiates them.

Ego

Post by Ego »

George the original one wrote:Funny, I could swear Muslims, Jews, and Christians all arose from the same race in the Middle East and that it's merely the choice of religion which differentiates them.
Yeah, we once followed a gaggle of Franciscan monks around the old city of Jerusalem from one station of the cross to the next. At one point near the fifth station where Simon of Cyrene was believed to have helped Christ carry the cross, I looked down at my map and realized that if I had a good arm I might just be able to throw a baseball to the Dome of the Rock, the spot where Muslims believe that Muhammad ascended to heaven, then turn slightly and throw another to the Western (wailing) Wall, one of the holiest sites in Judaism, and then turn around and throw a third to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre which contains Calvary, the spot where Christians believe that Christ was crucified. Now that I think about it, I was slightly optimistic regarding my throwing arm, but you get the picture.

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

increasing genetic diversity by mating with humans of other races is key to increasing population health. it's called inbreeding for a reason.