GFC 1 and 2 a frugal persons nirvana

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
aussierogue

Post by aussierogue »

It only just occured to me that for a frugal man like myself, a person who prefers simplicty v complication, sparcity vs consumption, this new post gfc world is our time to shine!
For once we are now heard, for once our natural tendencies are to be admired not scorned, finally mother nature (or mother economics) has welcomed us into here bossom.
And really this is probably (im not sure) all about not having anywhere to put our (societies) money. We are all up shit creek in terms of finding get rich fairly quick invesments as all asset classes take a beating.
So that means there is only one reasonable place to turn....for many peaople anyway...
"Consolidate, save and learn to live with less..."
Probably exactly what the world needs anyway.Our growth was killing us.
So my point is that it is no fluke that a blog like this is really hitting a nerve with readers. If there was growth and money coming out of every orefous, our prefered minimalistic ideals would once again, like the band spinal tap be pushed into the "where are they now category".
Lets sew our organic, locally grown seeds deep into the loins of modern society before nature (and economics)once again conspires against us...
ohm....

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

Ah, and GFC= global financial crisis

aussierogue

Post by aussierogue »

yep..

DutchGirl

Post by DutchGirl »

It seems like ever since I'm grown (say 1998) the market has been down. Also my family was quite poor when I grew up (never in debt, never hungry, but no abundance either), so I feel like I've lived in scarce-world since forever. Maybe other young people feel the same way, and it does influence their actions.
I am not sure what the world will be like; whether there will be disaster ahead of us or whether we humans will just continue to live, one time having this problem to struggle with, the next time that. (Once it was the plague, or a crop failure, now it's the environment, climate change, etc).

sky

Post by sky »

For those who have some wealth and hope to live off of its income, these are challenging times. Frugal or not.