A Conservative Policy Solution to Slow Down Climate Change?

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
white belt

Re: A Conservative Policy Solution to Slow Down Climate Change?

Post by white belt »

When I think of the people who understand the climate change realities and yet still seem to live happy and rewarding lives, they are generally focused on improving their own lives followed by helping others take action. I think of people like Jacob, Rob Greenfield, David Holmgren, and Brad Lancaster. Most have written books to spread their ideas globally, but in the day to day mostly focus on their own individual/local domain that they can influence. No one can deny that Rob Greenfield seems genuinely happy and self-actualized in his videos despite clearly having lots of frustrations with the current system. Some may come down to personality differences, but I think Rob Greenfield and Jacob occupy 2 different ends of the MBTI spectrum and yet still have arrived at similar lifestyle design principles.

The people focused on top down change seem to have more trouble feeling like they have an impact, but then again both bottom up and top down solutions for such a complex problem.

Salathor

Re: A Conservative Policy Solution to Slow Down Climate Change?

Post by Salathor »

white belt wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 pm
Thanks for the recommendation on Rob Greenfield. I'd never encountered him before and I've been devouring his stuff. Really inspiring. He and I differ in a lot of ways and opinions but man does he have a lot of great stuff going on about sustainability, etc.