What is going on with Joe Biden? (losing his mind?)

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Jason

Re: What is going on with Joe Biden? (losing his mind?)

Post by Jason »

If there was one issue that plagued Hillary Clinton that could be attributed to her being a woman that may have been forgiven if she was a man was her voice. When she raised it during speeches it made everyone feel that they should pick up their toys as opposed to not asking what their country could do for them. That being said, Michelle Obama could deliver a speech.

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

C40 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:35 am
Yeah I still don't think it's quite the right word. And I don't know what other word fits better. Bias? It means almost the same thing, but seems like it's a bit less derailing.
"predisposed" (without any attribution to specifically why) is the best I could think of. It gets into the whole minefield of potentially biologically-rooted aggregate/statistical personality differences as a function of gender mixed in with an ever-changing sociological stew. You are right, a guaranteed derail even with only the slightest tug on the thread.

ZAFCorrection

Post by ZAFCorrection »

Assuming Clinton did lose due to misogyny, none of the misogynists will likely change their ways as a result of scolding. Biden's chance of winning will probably hinge significantly on his ability to stay away from the democrat's moral majority-esque identity politics.

Though, he does seem to be the gaffe king even under the most charitable interpretation of his recent behavior.