Thoughts on the new Gillette Ad

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Freedom_2018

Re: Thoughts on the new Gillette Ad

Post by Freedom_2018 »

Dollar Tree has a 10 pack of double blade razors for $1...each is good for 1-3 shaves...so could get 30 shaves for a buck. I've been doing that for the last few years.

I think Gillette has deliberately reduced blade quality over the years (at least from personal experience). Definitely not the best a man can get.

Since I don't watch much TV..have been out of sync with current cultural normative cues.

However did attend a piano recital by Robin Spielberg last night and was surprised how much visual props (videos and photos projected on a screen behind her as she played live) were used to hold the attention of the audience along with witty storytelling and such by the performer. I guess it is too much to ask of an audience these days to truly LISTEN to a live piano recital. Had to finally just close my eyes to focus on the music.

Sad thing is I was probably the youngest person in the audience.

Our attention spans are growing ever shorter...even in older people.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Campitor wrote:And men get sexually harassed too but it's not really talked about; when it happens men are supposed to laugh it off or ignore it. I've had women, without my consent or solicitation, grab my penis in jest, slap me in the ass, pinch my muscles, stroke my hair, proposition me for an affair, sit in my lap, hug me (total stranger), and ask about my penis size (this happened at work).
It is true that it can often be hard for members of either gender to determine when consent or solicitation has occurred. For instance, on one occasion a gentleman invited me to his home, fed me steak and wine, requested that I dress myself in his old football jersey, but then objected when I crawled upon his lap. Of course, this was early in my mid-life dating career, before I had well accustomed myself to the preferred pace of men over the age of 50.

Also, for some reason unbeknownst to me, the level of respect I am wishing to exude when I refrain from engaging in behaviors including many of those you listed, without first inquiring "Please, Sir, may I..." is not always appreciated (sigh.)

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

".. have another?"

maybe 7Wannabe5 is inducing images of small, poor English boys in her well-read glucose-papis. not every human's cup of tea.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Campitor wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 am
I've had women, without my consent or solicitation, grab my penis in jest, slap me in the ass, pinch my muscles, stroke my hair, proposition me for an affair, sit in my lap, hug me (total stranger), and ask about my penis size (this happened at work).
Based on the pain I feel when reading this statement, I think its time for me to get involved and start a movement.

#Whynotmetoo

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

BRUTE wrote:maybe 7Wannabe5 is inducing images of small, poor English boys in her well-read glucose-papis. not every human's cup of tea.
Yes, that's what makes it obnoxious and amusing (to me.) Membership of Jason's newly formed movement exempted, I agree with Campitor that the majority of men aren't very comfortable with being objectified. However, in accordance with my new WSP program, I may have to even step up my game in that realm, but maybe smoooooth it out a bit, keep it legal. The WSPs suggest that you start out by making statement of the obvious, thereby relieving attractive other of creative burden, and ending by handing over your cell phone for phone number entry. So, maybe...

"Looks like somebody has been working out lately. Nice. If you would like to hear me ask for permission to touch some of your more well-defined body parts, just enter your digits here."

Then I will in clear view over-tip whatever member of the Tim Horton's staff is nearby and head home before my 9 PM bed time.