liberal vs conservative, left vs right... vs moderate

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
7Wannabe5

Re: liberal vs conservative, left vs right... vs moderate

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@prognastat:

Yeah, the argument was actually resolved amicably when I said "I have actually probably voted straight Democratic ticket more often than you have." and he had to cop to even voting Republican once in his errant Independent youth :roll: and the fact that his father who actually was an immigrant thinks he is a Communist. Also, because I dwell in the land of the semi-agreeable, I admitted that maybe I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary because she reminded me of the corporate mortgage broker wife of the last limousine-liberal polyamorous man who loved me, thereby evoking an odd mix of compassion, confusion and TMI into the discussion.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:08 am
"If only I had a nickel to donate to the Green party for every PhD I have literally f*cked under the table...
Very radical chic

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Can a person who looks like an artificially-maple-flavored pancake syrup bottle icon convey radical chic?

BRUTE

Post by BRUTE »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:08 am
was once fined for gathering sticks on the Sabbath
street cred

Jason

Post by Jason »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:42 pm
Can a person who looks like an artificially-maple-flavored pancake syrup bottle icon convey radical chic?
I don't know but I'd tap it.

I was reading a review of a biography on Charles DeGaulle. No doubt a complex person and politician, the reviewer commented that his strength was reconciling the left to authority and the right to democracy. I thought that was something to ponder.