Boy, what's going on in Iowa?

Intended for constructive conversations. Exhibits of polarizing tribalism will be deleted.
Tyler9000

Re: Boy, what's going on in Iowa?

Post by Tyler9000 »

Lemur wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:39 pm
Iowa should've immediately came out and say "hey guys, we screwed up with this App thing. Here are the facts. Here is how we're gonna prevent this in the future. And here is a timeline for counting the votes now. We apologize" .

Beyond the insanely poor app, the deeper and darker problem is that the voting data they do have is highly problematic. That's why Tom Perez (the head of the DNC) is calling for a complete do-over.
The results released by the Iowa Democratic Party on Wednesday were riddled with inconsistencies and other flaws. According to a New York Times analysis, more than 100 precincts reported results that were internally inconsistent, that were missing data or that were not possible under the complex rules of the Iowa caucuses.

In some cases, vote tallies do not add up. In others, precincts are shown allotting the wrong number of delegates to certain candidates. And in at least a few cases, the Iowa Democratic Party’s reported results do not match those reported by the precincts.

Some of these inconsistencies may prove to be innocuous, and they do not indicate an intentional effort to compromise or rig the result. There is no apparent bias in favor of the leaders Pete Buttigieg or Bernie Sanders, meaning the overall effect on the winner’s margin may be small.

But not all of the errors are minor, and they raise questions about whether the public will ever get a completely precise account of the Iowa results.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/upsh ... sults.html

The "bad actors flooding the phone lines" storyline is a lame red herring. This is all on the DNC.
Last edited by Tyler9000 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Now they are talking about recanvasing? What the hell does that me? Show up again? Recount?

I am annoyed. All this BS and Jason’s hayseed jokes too :lol:

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 73

Post by jacob »

The recanvas is a recount of the existing paper trail. Maybe they'll let Florida handle that? :P

Jason

Post by Jason »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:38 pm
All this BS and Jason’s hayseed jokes too :lol:
The unmitigated disaster that will from here on out be referred to as "Pulling An Iowa" is 100% on the DNC and is in no way a reflection of the earnest, hard working, extra salt of the earth ordinary citizenry of the great state of Iowa. However, it is my opinion, that you have a better chance of spotting dead baseball players wearing skinny jeans walking out of your cornfields than once again kicking off a Presidential campaign.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

@Jason
Fine by me. I plan on being gone by the next presidential election cycle.

Only three years and three months til the offspring are all adults and high school graduates. Not that I am counting :lol:

Toska2

Post by Toska2 »

This isn't stupidity, a fumble, not even cronyism* imo. This is so bad it has to be a planned distraction.

$40k-$60k per state.

Laura Ingalls

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Well New Hampshire produced about the same results as Iowa without the chaos 8-).

A little more steam for Klobuchar and a bit less for Warren.