Great Video on Focusing on What Really Matters

Favorite quotations, etc.
Gilberto de Piento

Great Video on Focusing on What Really Matters

Post by Gilberto de Piento »

A great short video reminder that what's important doesn't cost much. Especially good if you like the outdoors: http://vimeo.com/62716181

"We all have dreams but they don't mean much if we don't act on them. If we put them in a drawer we label 'someday', for when we think we'll have more time. I try to get out there, to have incredible conversations, with incredible people. I think it all adds up somewhere. And when it does, you're not doing something, you're being something. And what I want to be is happy, excited, and inspired."

I also posted this in my journal but I think more readers will find it here.

Dave

Re: Great Video on Focusing on What Really Matters

Post by Dave »

The video was a great reminder of the things that matter in life. Thanks for sharing!

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

That was enjoyable. It really is all about immersing yourself in the present moment, whatever it is you are doing. Life always happens now, so the only way to live fully is to stay present in the now. When I began to accept that the false notions of relying on big money and big fun for happiness started to erode. More than anything else I attribute my ability to change course towards ER to that.

Dave

Post by Dave »

I totally agree, IlliniDave. I read through your journal a few weeks back and I think what you are getting at is practicing mindfulness at all times. I discovered mindfulness a little over a year ago and although I seem to wander away from it frequently, the times I am able to be present I find life much more enjoyable :). Videos like the one in the OP are a great reminder of this!