Computer Wallpaper

Favorite quotations, etc.
stand@desk

Computer Wallpaper

Post by stand@desk »

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering what you all have for
a) number of computer monitors
b) Computer Wallpaper for those monitor(s).

I currently have 3 monitors and have a Computer Wallpaper of the Universe. In the past I have had blueprint style wallpaper, and for a long time I had the image of all the goats on the mountain, the maturity climb. I am asking this because I am wondering what all the INTJs out there have for their wallpaper for inspiration or comfort or other.

Thanks!
S

Chad

Re: Computer Wallpaper

Post by Chad »

a) Two large monitors (I like being able to put two windows on each side by side or turn one on it's side to be able to read without scrolling much.)
b) Global map at night

slsdly

Post by slsdly »

Stock wallpaper that comes with Ubuntu. I'm lazy. One monitor but I use the workspaces feature quite extensively.

Dragline

Post by Dragline »

Only one and pictures of children. Yes, I mean MY children.

henrik

Post by henrik »

Just the laptop screen (and a large monitor at the office for specific tasks). Having to use Windows now, I really miss the multiple workspaces in Linux desktops!
No wallpaper, I hardly ever see the desktop anyway:)

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Several monitors, with one very large one. My wallpaper is a photo of the PNW from our own GTOO.

Dragline wrote:Only one and pictures of children. Yes, I mean MY children.
Haha, even that can get you into trouble these days depending on photo. Nowadays, only officially sanctioned poses are allowed. I'm surprised they still take pictures of kids sitting on Santa's lap. ;)

GandK

Post by GandK »

I have twelve folders, one for each month of the year, each containing 15 or so nature photos, city scenes and non-irritating holiday wallpapers (no cartoon Santas.). Most of the nature scenes in the folders are a month or two ahead of the actual weather. I want to see fall leaves in September, I want to see spring blossoms in February, etc.

Anyway, on the first day of the month, when I do our monthly budget numbers, I change the wallpaper settings to flip through the new month's folder at 20 minute intervals. Just part of my routine.

I believe most of the wallpapers I use came from Microsoft's official wallpapers site and from Desktopography.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

At work ... a quadmonitor setup. I love it. I am also glad that I don't pay the electric bill.
At home ... a bunch of mac laptops (2004 and 2009 or so).

Wallpaper what? I think I usually pick the astronomy themes mainly because they are dark. While I claim I don't really care about wallpapers one of the first things I do for a new computer is to change it. Then I never change it again.

I used to have xearth installed which I really liked because it would update the cloud cover with real satellite data and thus allow me to predict the weather somewhat about a week in advance (it's easier in some places of the world than others).

BTW, if someone were to make a wallpaper that continuously updated various world stats, I'd totally go for it. It would be the most efficient way of wasting [my] time I can imagine. Is there an app for that?

C40

Post by C40 »

I have a laptop. Often the wallpaper on it is just grey or a slightly desaturated blue. Just basic colors.

I also have a 27" monitor at home. (A nice an inexpensive ISP). That one generally has some kind of nature landscape photo. Mostly ones from the internet, sometimes one I've taken.

I spend very little time seeing the desktop wallpaper on either screen- when I'm using the computer, I usually have the window(s) I'm using covering the entire screen.

rube

Post by rube »

Ehh, just a plain grey color and the minimum amount of icons on my desktop (2 currently). I like minimalism on my laptop screen and extended screens at home and office.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

Single 22" widescreen monitor at work. Stock Microsoft picture.
Single 28" widescreen monitor at home. Stock Microsoft picture.

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

@George the original one

That is such a great idea to use the stock wallpaper..I switched mine back..I wish I would have thought of that on my own. Microsoft bliss is back!

apocryphal

Post by apocryphal »

@henrik - you can have multiple workspaces on windows, try virtuawin, it's free, stable and allows more workspaces than I've ever needed...

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

Pedal2Petal

Post by Pedal2Petal »

Putin as a cosmonaut. This is my parents' laptop and putting Putin's face everywhere is sort of a running family joke...

At home I run a single 23" monitor but once we move out of the RV into our new suite I'll run that side-by-side with a 19" 4:3 I found abandoned at the side of the road. I'm really looking forward to working on a dual-screen again.

WYOGO

Post by WYOGO »

I run rotating high resolution landscape photos from places I have ventured. I do put only the best though and only images I have taken approximately 150-200 in all. Keeps me inspired during the day. A reminder of what I am working toward...

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/story-mic ... ken-156920

An article and documentary on the Microsoft Bliss Wallpaper.

Egg

Post by Egg »

I have a few I've used vaguely recently. At the moment, it's an eagle in mid flight, but I've had a fantasy landscape with a biblical verse, a dragon, and Rudyard Kipling's "If" variously over the last year or so.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

I switch between landscape photos I've taken during my time in Alaska. I probably change it once every month or two.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

theanimal wrote:I switch between landscape photos I've taken during my time in Alaska. I probably change it once every month or two.
I have a great photo from Alaska looking back down State St in Skagway towards the water on a beautiful, sunny day. Unfortunately, I took it right after stumbling out of the Skagway Brewing Co. and it's a little crooked. ;) It drove me crazy when I had it as my wallpaper.

cmonkey

Post by cmonkey »

I have dual 22 inch wide screen one vertical, one horizontal orientation. Wallpapers are pics I take of the gardens during summer....something to get me through the dark days of winter (and working). Reminds me of what I'm working toward an ERE for, so I can spend my life in horticulture.