Computer Wallpaper

Favorite quotations, etc.
anomie

Re: Computer Wallpaper

Post by anomie »

A screenshot of this http://youtu.be/WnJLmTMbMdg to help relive fading 70's feel good memories.

and on another desktop this early 20th Century Industrial Workers of the World poster
Pyramid of the Capitalist System

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

I just changed my computer wallpaper to black. Saves the most amount of electricity.

Scrubby

Post by Scrubby »

stand@desk wrote:I just changed my computer wallpaper to black. Saves the most amount of electricity.
That depends on what kind of monitor you have. On an old style LCD monitor it doesn't matter because the lamp creating the light is not dynamic, and black is created by blocking the light. You need to look in the monitor settings if there is a way to reduce the light and verify with a measuring device. On a monitor with LED light it may help, depending on the number of LEDs it has and how your icons are distributed.

JasonR

Post by JasonR »

o
Last edited by JasonR on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

I also set my power setting to shut the monitors off after 10 minutes so that would take care of the power savings consideration.

stand@desk

Post by stand@desk »

I use the microsoft themes now and switch them up from time to time. Currently using a fantasy theme and the artwork changes every few minutes on the wallpaper screens.

Myakka

Post by Myakka »

One of my prefered time wasting habits is to play around in the freebie art program that comes standard on the PCs I've seen. Mostly I make crap but occasionally I make something I really like and that becomes my wallpaper until I get tired of it.

Another thing I do with my wallpaper is put something there for educational purposes. Sometimes that is a quote I am really liking at the moment. It takes almost no art skill to get a reasonable looking quote to look all right in that art program and then put it there on my screen where my eyeballs will glance at it occasionally. At the moment I have a picture I got off the web somewhere that has a display of all the constellations -- because I want to become more familiar with them as part of my naked eye astronomy hobby, Sometimes it has been other images which tend to further my personal knowledge of things.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

One 13in macbook, one iPhone 7. Standard Mac OS background picture on laptop, a picture of my toes in a reflective pool with some pretty pebbles on phone background. Shut up, it reminds me of travel //