ScottfromMenominee

Post by ScottfromMenominee »

Any ISTJs in INTJ-land besides me?

Oz

Post by Oz »

ISTJ, yes, with a weak S.

ScottfromMenominee

Great! My S and T are weak, so I guess I should go by IstJ. I'll catch up with you later!

Steve Austin

Post by Steve Austin »

I hadn't read / thought about capitalization as categorical magnitude. I really need to take the test again, but I recall my scores making me iNTj. How is weak quantified? 6 or 7 of 10, while 8+ is considered strong?

JustChristine

Post by JustChristine »

Crappola, I still don't quite fit in. I'm an ISFJ. Maybe I have an alter ego that is an INTJ and that's why I like this place so much :D

pbkennedy

Post by pbkennedy »

ESTP here. Imagine how I feel. Paula

ScottfromMenominee

Maybe I should have called this thread Calling all non-INTJs! I'm not trying to be exclusive, just trying to find some extremely like-minded folks at this site I like so well.
I've seen different ways to quantify weakness, including at the 25th and 75th percentiles. I don't think it's "official" as far as the MBTI people are concerned, just part of the "folk culture" that has developed out of the test, especially online. I'm no expert, I could be completely wrong. (That's my motto.)

ScottfromMenominee

Being an ISTJ, I'm not as quick on the abstract parts of ERE, although I have re-read these kind of posts many times. Just give me a set of instructions, and I'm good to go. ERE is filled with that as well, the 21 Day Makeover being a good example. Have any other non-INTJs had similar experiences?

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

It is somewhat of a known problem (observation of mine) in terms of connecting theory to practice in the sense that I can explore all the theoretical aspects of a strategy yet there's still a disconnect in terms of putting it into action.
In recognition of that, book#2 will be more actionable/less abstract than book#1 which is quite abstract.
It is almost impossible to write a book that will work for everybody. I started book#1 a long time ago when I hadn't realized this issue. Book#2 will be complimentary in a sense that book#2 can be derived from book#1 but not the other way around. If I had realized it before, I might have written them the other way around.

knsfinancial

Post by knsfinancial »

Okay, I must ask what all of these acronyms mean! I am very new to this site and forum. Is there somewhere I can get a crash course on all of this? lol

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

knsfinancial

Post by knsfinancial »

Thanks Jacob, I should have known that widipedia would have the answer! :)

ScottfromMenominee

As far as my relationship to theory and practice, it works like this: Goal = Early Retirement Extreme, Practice = how to get to the goal (21 Day Makeover, e.g.), Theory = why you're doing it in the first place (explaining to friends and the folks, e.g.) The goal and the practice are the most important to me, while the theory is more of a defensive necessity, which also is useful to me if I begin to stray or if I need to consider a new way to do something. That's a peek inside an ISTJ's brain.