Favorite quotations, etc.
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 pm
- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 am
Wow--this was wonderful. That's EXACTLY how I feel!
In academia, I saw people teaching the same classes for 45 years--sometimes even in the same room. I kept thinking, "why? Why would you do that to yourself?"
It took me far too long to realize that I didn't want that life--about 7 years, actually.
- Posts: 2007
- Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:00 pm
- Location: Rockies
I've already wasted multiple lifetimes going to school / working for ERE? :_c
Suppose I already knew that. So looking forward to my first real death (doesn't sound right
- Posts: 4450
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 am
That was pretty awesome. Thanks.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 11955
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:38 pm
- Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 73
- Posts: 6373
- Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:20 pm
- Location: Stepford USA
I like "I'm only trained to do one thing, and if I'm not doing it...then what am I?"
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:50 pm
I often find myself struggling with just this idea.
Thank you for sharing this link. Now I definitely know that I'll find a way to pick up some carpentry and electronics (maybe an actual study) once I am done with this study