Millionaire problems you don't want

Favorite quotations, etc.
Chris L

Post by Chris L »

Point taken Marg. Our parents say it in spite and usually they just say they'll spend it on "themselves." At one point, after they brought it up on their own, I just right out told them I didn't care what the f they did and urged them to stop bringing it up!
It might be a generational thing. Gen x vs. Boomers. Although I wouldn't like to generalize, in this case, it seems so. There doesn't seem to be any reason why parents would act this way. As a side-note, my wife has half siblings and they would be considered millennials. They get everything they want!
As for punishment...I have no idea what for, as it's never been expressed. Although growing up, I do recall the ever present guilt about having 4 kids! Ha! Sad :(
There's no secrete that I'll leave whatever I can to my son, rain or shine. I chose him.

aussierogue

Post by aussierogue »

From a buddhist persepctive i think we can get too attached to OUR money OUR property etc etc...
I intend to enjoy the ride, educate my kids as much as i can and then let them fight it out with their own deficiencies and / or skills when i die..
Most liekly is that by the time i die they will be above 55 years old anyway and what will be done will be done...what do i care if they blow it all when im gone.....and its presumptious to say that I will ALWAYS know more than them....ceslasvi i reckon!
oh yeh i agree with the comment about splitting equal in death but maybe help one out a tad more than the other if they have real problems when i am alive..reasonableness and humanity must come into it..as long as people are on the same page and the recieving party is not taking advantage of the situation..
Innteresting topic and great hearing other people perspectives..

Mirwen

Post by Mirwen »

Wow,

Lots of opinions on this topic. My solution: have only one child. Done.