An ERE dating site

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
northman

Post by northman »

Jacob: I nearly fell off my chair watching those "ut i vår hage" clips. I dont have a television so I miss out on much.
But its true, the Danes are having problems understanding themselvs. I watched a show about Norwegian language, and a professor said that in a 100 years, the southern Danes wont understand the Northern ones.
And as a Norwegian sometimes vacationing down there, your Price system is insane. I usually just give them a large note and accept whatever I get back ;)
Halvtres? wtf.. :)
@jersey: I watched another show many years ago stating that the male pelvus is not designed to make men be "able" to cross their legs like that. Like a female.. so I demonstraitly sit like man, with my fot on my knee. :)
* Pardon for the bad spelling *

Stahlmann

Re: An ERE dating site

Post by Stahlmann »

https://www.millennial-revolution.com/f ... ating-app/ (it seems MR is next joke on FIRE scene, but I get it, somewhere is target audience for that)
https://firedating.me/ (better something than nothing)

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Nice find. Ten years ago almost to the date too. I hope the app gets some traction since this is a long-running issue. Nice questions too. That should sort people out. A key missing field would be FIRE date/year. This seems highly relevant.

Mister Imperceptible

Post by Mister Imperceptible »

Stahlmann, find your Mustachian

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

@MI, I'm thinking about pulling this joke about looking for older women who has nothing to lose, but would be interested in handy guy in exchange for US citizenship :lol:

as we only operate here without body language and very often on image of the other person based on some sketchy posts - are you bantering me on finding male partner? :lol: unfortunately not my preference.

hmmm. but US citizenship? hmmm. :lol:
vastness of land+combined with ability to earn decent money even as illegal unless you don't get shoot or catch (/be predisposed) to chronic health problem. sounds good.
hmm. :lol:

oops, I realized that in English nouns aren't havily genderised (is still English? or my Ponglish?).
so you could have provide genuine advice. thanks for that :)
Last edited by Stahlmann on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

@stahlmann - Alternatively, you could take it seriously and use it to find a partner.

ertyu

Post by ertyu »

My advice is to sort yourself out before inflicting yourself on anyone.

(currently doing same, in case the above might elicit contention)

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Few ways this could go:

Marry after converting (Islam) to frugality

For atleast one parental input, child comes out Mustachian (Christianity)

Vertical propagation from mother-to-children (Judaism). This is also the reason hypothesized for spread of the IndoEuropean languages: It went hand in hand with the invention of the wheel and domestication of bovine. So impossible to be spread by a bunch of testosterone fulled hormonal males [read "Aryans"] being kicked out of some mythical "homeland" in which case the children would have still spoken their mother's tongue and more likely waves of family-tribe level migrations that preserved the interrelated language features after the carrying capacity gave way.

ERE level skills cannot be preserved for generations though unless Zorastrian [Parsee] zeal to marry only within the [tightly knit] community.

Perhaps the advice to marry within one's religious sub-sub-denomination/socio-economic strata comes from cognitive dissonance or inability of having to hear about or witness behaviours of someone 2 or more Wheaton levels removed.

chenda

Post by chenda »

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:10 pm
ERE level skills cannot be preserved for generations though unless Zorastrian [Parsee] zeal to marry only within the [tightly knit] community.
And with their refusal to allow conversions and exclusion of women who marry outsiders, means they are slowly dieing out. And are suffering heredity health problems due to the small gene pool.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Ya chenda, would you say it is done for selfish reasons than some generous "preserving our way of life" or "protecting our culture"?

chenda

Post by chenda »

fiby41 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:24 pm
Ya chenda, would you say it is done for selfish reasons than some generous "preserving our way of life" or "protecting our culture"?
Well I don't know. Protecting the culture and way of life is definitely part of it, but you can't really expect a young zoroastrian women to only choose from a tiny pool of young zoroastrian men, especially as men get more leeway in marrying outsiders.

Last year I visited the Zoroastrian section at Brookwood cemetery, lovely place with lots of parsee families interred there.

fiby41

Post by fiby41 »

Interesting because the Parsee way of returning to the soil is laying the corpse to sundry while vultures devour the carcass. If they can give up on their proper funeral rites in other countries interfaith marriage should've been no big deal.

reepicheep

Post by reepicheep »

@Stahlmann, you care if I sleep with other people?

Marrying me also comes with health insurance and pension insurance.

enigmaT120

Post by enigmaT120 »

LOL!!!

Stahlmann

Post by Stahlmann »

reepicheep wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:47 pm
@Stahlmann, you care if I sleep with other people?

Marrying me also comes with health insurance and pension insurance.
Why not? :P

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

WTF?!? I'm slightly offended that no one PMed me about this. Don't worry y'all, I'm creating an account!

Alphaville

Post by Alphaville »

hahaha. i opened the link. is it real? not a parody site? lol.

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Can confirm https://firedating.me/ is legit. Saw it on this thread, registered and went on a date with someone local a couple of days ago. It was very refreshing talking to someone in this context about index funds etc and who was fine with just a frugal (coffee + walk around) date. Sadly, sparks weren't flying so I don't think we'll see each other again.

Jin+Guice

Post by Jin+Guice »

@Crusader: Damn you!!!! There doesn't appear to be anyone else in New Orleans, haha.

The best part of this dating site is that it shows you when someone rejects you.

reepicheep

Post by reepicheep »

This is what I get for disappearing for months! @Stahlmann, I am so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about my marriage proposal! Offer still on the table.