3 body problem in frugality

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
7Wannabe5

Re: 3 body problem in frugality

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

@JL13: There are many conventional sources through which you can purchase a new, okay futon for around $120, including Walmart and Amazon.

@Kriegsspiel: If you are a young man hoping to trade social capital for expensive gifts, IMO your best investment would be ballroom dance lessons. The order of my love languages are physical touch, acts of service, quality time, words of affirmation and then gifts. So, if a man is throwing expensive stuff in my direction, I kind of feel like he is just trying to get out of volunteering to double-dig some garden beds for me. My other lover makes all sorts of things out of pallet wood, so if he made me a bed out of pallet wood, I would be totally enthusiastic. However, that will not happen because he does not know that I do not have a good bed because we always use his bed. It is also likely that I am partially grouchy due to the fact that I know that my lover who is in an open marriage is overseeing/helping with an extensive great room conversion of his suburban home. I once dumped a man because I was going to drive over to spend the weekend with him and my car wouldn't start and when I called him he said "Why don't you see if that young guy who lives next door to you can help out?" Fail!

JamesR

Re: 3 body problem in frugality

Post by JamesR »

Alls good that ends well. I like how you managed to cobble together a bed upgrade for $12, and that the request made you self-examine and realize you desired such an upgrade too. Rock on!