Escape Plan

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
sky

Escape Plan

Post by sky »

[edited]

I'm going underground again.

Thanks very much for your thought slsdly, I appreciate them.
Last edited by sky on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

slsdly

Re: Escape Plan

Post by slsdly »

As I said many times before, it has always amazed me at what people hide in their hearts. In a world where we are able to in theory communicate more easily than ever, it seems like many still feel so alone. Personally my biggest fear probably is lack of possibility of meaningful communication with those close to me.

Becoming vulnerable takes a lot of courage. In the moments of my greatest despair, I too felt there was no one to reach out to. But in the end I did reach out to certain individuals. Maybe I am just lucky, but I have yet to experience failure in my hour of need. I truly saw it as a leap of faith. As it turns out, they often had their own burdens they had yet to share with anyone too. I am certain there are people like that in your life, even if you, like me, are unable to recognize that at first.

Only you can say for sure what the right thing to do is. But I would think carefully on your reasons for your conflict and posting here. Doubts, future regrets, whatever the case may be. For myself, if I was doing something on this magnitude, I would not want it to come as a surprise to *everyone* in "real life" once the decisions have already been made -- that's just me though.

I'm not sure if that helps. It is pretty generic :P. It sounds like you've done the math and it could work out once the dust settles. I think we focus too much on the math sometimes though. It is simple and comforting, but not at the heart of the real problems you are trying to address.

JamesR

Re: Escape Plan

Post by JamesR »

What I saw from your post (before you removed it) was that it sounds like you're in pretty good shape financially and you have much to be thankful for. However, for whatever reason you are tired of your current town - probably because of a few people. I am all for moving to a new locale, that is a good way to shake up routines and learn new things and get some new micro-adventures going.

Clearly you're trying to "escape" from your current circumstances that you feel trapped in. I don't have any problem with that per se, but I hope that you have talked with your wife about your plans and that you're not just planning on surprising her with it at the last minute. If you're not able to be honest and own up to any drama that you will be creating, then that would just create feelings of pressure & increase desire to escape.