How Much Do Kids Cost, Really?

How to pass, fit in, eventually set an example, and ultimately lead the way.
retiredat47

Re: How Much Do Kids Cost, Really?

Post by retiredat47 »

WIC stands for "Women, Infants, and Children" and is a program that provides food and nutrition counseling for low- and moderate-income mothers and children 5 and under. They do encourage breastfeeding but understand if you can't or don't want to.

Yeah, my brother was planning to retire in his 40s, and then he and his wife had a special-needs child. There went that out the window.

arrrrgon

Re:

Post by arrrrgon »

Spartan_Warrior wrote:@Mo: "while her cousin gets an ipad (okay, the cousin was 3 years old, so probably that's what you should get at 3, I mean shes 2x older...)."
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but that is sarcasm, right? An iPad seems like useless superfluous junk at any age, much less 3...
Either way, point well taken about the peer pressure. I feel like I am and would remain relatively immune to that though.

While I generally agree that things like Ipads, Iphones, etc... are a waste of money, I do feel the need to point out that an Ipad is actually far more useful to a 3 year old than to a teenager. Ipads have been shown to be very helpful when teaching a child to read. I'm sure there are many studies showing their educational benefits since most children learn well from a hands on approach which the Ipad supplies. With that said, I would assume a $50 android tablet could probably help just as much.