Meeting eccentric people IRL

How to explain ERE, arranging family matters
7Wannabe5

Re: Meeting eccentric people IRL

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm

@Jason:

I think I am older than you. Of course, my preferred posture requires less stamina, so not really a fair comparison.

Anyways, if I was alone in my cabin in the woods, like Shawn James*, it would be pretty much a dead-heat whether my first hike out would be driven by desire for sex or desire to babble at somebody about a book I just read. Therefore, my salon space is sacred. IOW, I don't date where I debate.

Besides, the only thing standing between me and getting a date is the perfect storm of vanity, too much subcutaneous fat, and too cheap to throw down for a new set of Spanx. I think a male substitute teacher around my age hit on me last week, but I was kind of put off by his demonstration of storytelling voices he used with the kids. Sadly, I must admit that I don't always go for men who are as kooky as me. But, that probably makes sense in terms of evolutionary fitness.

*OTOH, if I was alone in the cabin with Shawn James...yeah, I know he's married, I watched the episode where you can kind of see his wife's hair and foot in the frame. Just sayin'.

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 pm

I understand you suffer some type of affliction that doesn't make sexual activity with you immoral, as is the case with the woman who bags my groceries and talks incessantly about daylight savings time. But I have to say, I just pictured myself leaving your camper and buying a one pound bag of ice to pour down my pants.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 73

Post by jacob » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:54 pm

My question would be in terms of how many sharks I need to pile up before "you people" stop jumping them/alternatively that shark jumping becomes the defining characteristic of the atmosphere. I feel like I still have some impact on the direction, but I'm .. floundering on that.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:18 pm

@jacob:

Sorry, I will take it to a more appropriate forum until it's no longer near top of my stack.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 73

Post by jacob » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Well, to push the metaphor, I suspect most are coral reefs and I'm finagling the pH #blargh ...

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 am

@jacob:

So, the people who seriously follow the WSPs would be like lionfish?

I do feel bad that you have to get frustrated with how the conversation is going, like Leonard on the "Big Bang Theory." What I was trying to convey previously is that I have some empathy for young men who sometimes come off as creepy, because I have almost the same personality type as Howard (maybe mixed with a bit of Raj), but I am luckier because reasonably attractive female and not living in Puritan or Victorian era.

Jason is just very obnoxious like a younger brother I would have to lock out of doors if I was a teenager trying to chat on the phone. He isn't seriously scary like a 1920s psychiatrist concerned with treating diagnosis of moral depravity.