Electric self driving vehicles

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
bryan

Re: Electric self driving vehicles

Post by bryan »

That's all commodity stuff, though.

I can't think of any specific corps that will benefit greatly. Maybe the corps that are poised to save the most money from the shift (similar to drones)? For instance, any port short-haul trucking company or the companies that have to pay those companies, Ryder, UPS/FedEx/Amazon, or pizza delivery. Or maybe it will be the case that manufacturers are no longer interested in selling shovels, they want to get the gold and want to go direct to consumers (e.g. if VW provides an application for their own fleet akin to Uber/AirBnB).

Note you can separate EVs from self-driving.. list above is mixed and/or.

7Wannabe5

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

The new lifestyle I suddenly vaulted myself into a few weeks ago requires me to shell out for transportation in exchange for free rent and high hourly wage. So, I have found myself chit-chatting with many drivers lately, and this is one of their complaints. They mostly seem to enjoy the work. One young woman told me that she turns on her App as she is pulling out of the parking lot of her day job and almost immediately continues to get riders/make money. Another told me that it could be possible to take a cross-country road trip picking up riders along the way. The app allows the drivers to refuse pick-ups that would take them further and further away from their designated home base, but they can choose to endlessly ramble.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

7Wannabe5 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 am
Another told me that it could be possible to take a cross-country road trip picking up riders along the way.
I see a book proposal in that.

Also coming in the future: "robofleetinvestors.com"

"It's an easy way to make money while you do nothing. Buy a share in a self-driving car on our website and watch the money come rolling in. (Insert various testimonies from new people who haven't had their vehicle thrashed yet.). Typical yields are 10-20% and the website is both fun and easy to use. You can use your credit card to buy in."

Watch out for various bloggers attempting to make this the mainstay of their retirement-portfolio while praising how they are helping to create the world of tomorrow by investing in new technology.

Chad

Post by Chad »

jacob wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am

Also coming in the future: "robofleetinvestors.com"
This will definitely be true. There will probably be some type of financial vehicle with some similarities to a REIT and MLP. Uber, Google, etc. don't want to use capital or manage these fleets of vehicles. They just want the software (highest margin) part of it.

bryan

Post by bryan »

Nouveau-rentier class.. how cyberpunk. Rental fleets of autonomous vans for dwelling for the (depressing as hell or cool as hell?) win!

sky

Post by sky »

Local bus transit services will collapse. Will municipalities try to get in the self driving taxi business? I don't think so, there is too much liability.

Intercity self driving buses will out-compete passenger trains. Not a big deal in the US, but how will Europe be affected?

Roads may fill with traffic with ai cars locked on to each other, tailgating in a long train of vehicles. It may be extremely difficult for pedestrians to cross streets without a light or some activation button that stops traffic.