Golf Carts

Live local, get around without breaking the bank
Joggernot

Golf Carts

Post by Joggernot »

Rockport, TX and nearby towns allow specialized golf carts to travel in daylight on streets where the speed limit is 35 mph or less. With our electric golf cart (purchased used, $2400 street ready) we can go anywhere in town and back. If we had the gas cart we would be limited by the tank size.

If you live in a town like this, a car really isn't necessary during the day, if you have a good jacket. If your town doesn't allow them, consider getting active and providing our laws as an example they can follow. The laws are available on the city web site (don't know the specific URL).

There are months when we don't even know the cost of gasoline because all our travel is in the golf cart.

Joggernot

Ricky

Re: Golf Carts

Post by Ricky »

Good advice and seems a lot safer than a bike since it is wider and there is more to catch your attention. I don't think I'd be taking it on any super busy/fast highways but for commuting to the grocery store or even work - that sounds awesome.

I know they are legal most places in South Carolina. I guess the trick is which types of carts are legal. Best to do your research, as you have said. If only I lived a little closer to town I'd look into it.