Is a cheaper room with no visitors allowed worth it?

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
TopHatFox

Re: Is a cheaper room with no visitors allowed worth it?

Post by TopHatFox »

bryan wrote: If you go for the van route before winter, you will have to really get going on the build.
Can't I simply find a work man's van? And then throw a mattress, heavy sleeping bag, battery converter, cooler, shelving, clothing rack, showering tub, small porta-potty, and call it good 'nough for now?

bryan

Post by bryan »

Sure but then winter will hit. Winter on the west coast is doable without a proper build, but not 100% pleasant some mornings.. I imagine it is less doable in harsher winter conditions.

Also, I would skip the battery converter, cooler, shelving, showering tub, and maybe even the small porta-potty if you are just looking for "good 'nough for now."

James_0011

Post by James_0011 »

@Olaz

Everything basically. Westchester is where rich white people from NYC go to have kids, many of them have high paying jobs in Manhattan and commute to work.

As long as you avoid wholefoods and restaurants, and bike/walk for transportation it should be okay.