Belong to a HOA?

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
Angelpie

Re: Belong to a HOA?

Post by Angelpie »

When I bought my house, there were similar houses 5 miles away, but they had a mandatory HOA. I bought mine because it was not deed restricted. I feel sorry for that woman. There needs to be a law against this, but look what the banks did. They loaned out imaginary money that was just numbers in computers and stole back real property. I don't ever want to own a home again unless I can pay cash for it.

sshawnn

Post by sshawnn »

firefighterjeff wrote:Check this story out in my neck of the woods:

http://www.lex18.com/news/lex-18-invest ... allery]/1/

It is hard to believe this is remotely legal.

WOW. That is drastic! It seems that their should be some proof of acknowledgement before going to a commissioner's sale.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Angelpie wrote: I don't ever want to own a home again unless I can pay cash for it.
This woman owned her home outright and it still happened. It appears paying in full does not solve this.

Unbelievable that people would do this sort of thing.

tylerrr

Post by tylerrr »

I'm not surprised. People/governments are always trying to exert more and more control over others. It's a disease, a sickness. Always, more and more control over other people's lives. HOAs are mostly awful. I belonged to one with a condo in Cali. I'll never own a condo again. Never. I would much rather just rent.

MSfreeinHou

Post by MSfreeinHou »

I bought my dream condo this year and absolutely love the location, the fact that it is only one room and that I can walk or bus to anything I need. The problem is our HOA board. I don't think I can retire here as I can't trust what they will do with our fees and assessements each year. There is no oversight of these entitites at all.