Quicky property tax and income tax county analysis

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

So I grabbed a PDF from the tax foundation of property taxes by county... It's far from complete, but I thought I'd do a cursory analysis.
Right off the bat the following popped out:

*2005 national average = $1,614

*2008 national average = $1,897

*An 17.5% increase in 4 years... Or a 43.8% if extrapolated 10 years. Yikes, count on these going up consistently, although no data post economic meltdown.
First, I took out all states that charge an income tax. I realize this would require more analysis, but I'm being quick. Then I sorted ascending by median property tax. Eastern Texas has low median property taxes and low median house "values."
Here's a screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/91156/med_prop_ ... cm_tax.png
If we could find the raw data for every variable we're interested in it wouldn't be to difficult to put into useful format. Being able to query desired variables would be much more powerful than city-data.
Now go forth and find me the data!! :)

Fabian

Post by Fabian »

So in the U.S. you just pay a maximum of 5.9% income taxes?
In Germany you pay 22% for an self-employed income of 36.000€. Or 27% for 50.000€. Or 30% at 60.000€.
I wonder how I should be able to retire early in Germany. Right now it seems not possible... :-(

JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

Ha, we wish! this analysis only shows property tax. Add to this state income tax (in 41 out of 50 states), federal income tax and federal self employment tax if applicable.
Blah.. but I sympathize with you, ERE will be harder with higher EU taxes.

Fabian

Post by Fabian »

I really can't figure it out how to do it in Germany. But to not kidnap this thread I opened a new one here:

viewtopic.php?t=255

Q

Post by Q »

Florida and Wyoming would be best bets. Florida sort of wins out to me because it has beaches...but Wyoming has Yellowstone...