Polar vortex collapse fun

All the different ways of solving the shelter problem. To be static or mobile? Roots, legs, or wheels?
Jean

Re: Polar vortex collapse fun

Post by Jean »

I'm glad it's over you and not me. My insulation ain't finished yet and my envelope ain't tight. I would really need my -40 sleeping bag.

Aspirant

Post by Aspirant »

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/ba/6a ... 19ea07.jpg

Not much troubles in here, but the society is geared for the cold weather.

Jean

Post by Jean »

We have the warmest february I ever experienced. It feels like may.

sky

Post by sky »

I am in hibernation mode this winter. A few more weeks?

IlliniDave

Post by IlliniDave »

Still some below zero and single digit lows in the forecast for my dad next week. Interesting winter.

tonyedgecombe

Post by tonyedgecombe »

We just had the warmest February day on record in the UK.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Estonia's doing the stuipd, few degree above, few degrees below, add some rain/snow, boom you have icy footpaths until someone can defrost them.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

One of the warmest Februarys once again in Alaska.

Riggerjack

Post by Riggerjack »

Meanwhile, I had frost on my windshield yesterday. We're in the cold part of spring here in the Puget Sound. There are worried whispers of maybe a dusting of snow in the lowlands someday soon. :shock:
Well, spring got COLD here. We had a foot of snow near sea level, something I fantasized about as a kid. But I usually only find up in the foothills.

For me, it meant burning a week and a half of vacation time, building a 7 foot tall Snowzilla, local grocery stores getting hit with panic shoppers (WinCo was down to some bulk foods and a few odd condiments. With a line to get into their parking lot that extended onto I-5!) And some great times.

I wish it was as good a time for all others; and feel very lucky not to have needed to go to work when conditions were so unfavorable, anymore.

Bonus: It turns out that lotsa snow is about the only fix for Seattle area traffic. If most drivers don't use the roads, traffic planning really works! Maybe DOT is working a deeper plan than I thought. Maybe they have been engaged in this "war on roads" in an effort to break drivers of the desire to drive, by ensuring that every experience is as uncomfortable as possible... :twisted:

For those who can think of driving in the snow, without having a panic attack (those braver than I):

Pemco made a fantastic set of radio ads for a northwest market, here's what they had for our snow driving (lipsynched by some guy, since I couldn't find an audio file, better to listen, not watch).

https://snipaclip.com/watch/SmoggyTrium ... rChefFrank

Stay warm!

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Welp, it is official.
https://news.err.ee/915797/february-wea ... since-1961
The warmest February in in nearly sixty years.