Conspiracy of fools- Enron story

Your favorite books and links
Farm_or

Conspiracy of fools- Enron story

Post by Farm_or »

By Kurt Eichenwald.

I know. I'm a little behind the times, but I found this book to be amazing. And the style of story telling is outstanding. It had me neglecting my regular duties, reading until my eyes were tired.

But it gives you a good inside look of corporate society at its worst. An extreme example of nepotism and domination of yes men and the corresponding culture of form over function.

Even today, with additional checks and balances, you have to wonder how many "creative" minds are breaking all the common sense rules with insatiable greed?

jennypenny

Re: Conspiracy of fools- Enron story

Post by jennypenny »

The Smartest Guys in the Room was pretty good, too.

Jason

Post by Jason »

Never read book but documentary based on it was good. There is real tragedy in there.

Like The Holocaust we say never again but before you know it there’s Cambodia and Bernie Madoff.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Barbarians At The Gate was chock full of corporate narcissism and wastefulness too. I see them more as "eternal truths" than "stories of our times" :P

Jason

Post by Jason »

Kriegsspiel wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am
I see them more as "eternal truths" than "stories of our times" :P
As right as you are, if they start circulating pictures of JLF getting into a mid-size sedan outside a barbershop, I will be personally devastated.

Kriegsspiel

Post by Kriegsspiel »

Last I heard, he's ballin in Subaru luxury.