Other great forums

Your favorite books and links
JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

What are some other forums you like and why?
Some of mine off the top of my head:

*Fatwallet Finance: lot's of good stuff here about all things financial. Heavy into credit cards for arbitrage (isn't really practical anymore).

*SlickDeals: For the most part avoid, but we all buy something and those things can be sometimes gotten very cheap here.

*somethingawful.com: this one is pure sarcastic comedy (INTJs abound). I read here for laughs when I'm not feeling productive. Interesting and funny. Puts me back in touch with that foolhardy youth culture I turned my back on years ago.

*mobileread: Anything and everything you ever wanted to know about ebooks and ereaders. I live in an isolated area (with an inadequate library), so ebooks (from libraries abroad) have saved me hundreds, or thousands.
*Lifehacker: Not a forum, but the comments on articles are almost like an awkward forum.
*I'd like a high(er) frequency trading forum that wasn't full of spammers, promoters, liars and idiots as elitetrader is.
What are your forums? :D

CestLaVie

Post by CestLaVie »

I post regularly on:
www.early-retirement.org
and
www.bogleheads.org
Good quality financial information on both of these forums.

Checking Carly

Post by Checking Carly »

Mobileread looks great! Thanks for posting that.
I like whydowork.com. They have a variety of topics, and a whole bunch of work at home jobs posted online.

Q

Post by Q »

Every day carry - edcforums.com . But I haven't checked it out in awhile

Q

Post by Q »

Every day carry - edcforums.com . But I haven't checked it out in awhile

Rex

Post by Rex »

While I used to be a pretty active member of edcforums.com, I must make the suggestion of http://forum.multitool.org/index.php; although the primary focus of the forum is multitools, there is a plethora of knowledge on other items, and the two forums/websites should be used to complement each other.
Aside from those two forums, I'm not really active on any other forums; I could simply spend far too much time on them than I should.

KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I think the Bogleheads forum (already mentioned) and the Crawling Road forum are excellent investing resources. The latter is specific to Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio.

Cashflow

Post by Cashflow »

This is a blog rather than a forum: Dividend Growth Investor

http://www.dividendgrowthinvestor.com/
I like investing in large global businesses that have a history of consistently raising their dividends for at least a decade (Dividend Achievers) and preferably a quarter century (Dividend Aristocrats).

JohnnyH

Post by JohnnyH »

This is an excellent forum on the Permanent Portfolio:

http://www.crawlingroad.com/forum/