Integral Theory (not math)

Your favorite books and links
daylen

Integral Theory (not math)

Post by daylen »

I came across this website called "integrallife.com" that promotes a theory in a somewhat ideological fashion, but the underlying concepts are broad and connect several models commonly used here in an intuitive and engaging way.

Here is the source: https://integrallife.com/what-is-integral-approach/

Topic examples:
  • The five elements used are quadrants, levels, lines, states, and types.
  • Vertical and horizontal development of an individual; including states of consciousness and typology.
  • Masculine and feminine energy balance related to health of a type at some state.
  • "I", "We", and "It" corresponding to "Art", "Morals", and "science".
  • This all combines to show a quadrant representing the evolution of "I", "We", "It", and "Its".

7Wannabe5

Re: Integral Theory (not math)

Post by 7Wannabe5 »

Interesting link. Will have to check it out in depth when I have a chance. My initial skim, very likely influenced by fact that I am knee-deep in Wendell Berry pro-Agrarian essays, is that it overly links Progressive philosophy with High Functioning. Granted, a 2 year old does not much care how his behavior affects anybody other than himself, but that does not necessarily properly project out to consideration of All Other People On the Planet as highest moral functioning, because such a watered-down perspective can easily amount to a "nothing useful I can do, so I will do nothing" behavioral result. "Charity begins at home" is not meant to promote reversion to tribalism.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Are we talking Ken Wilber stuff here?

daylen

Post by daylen »

@jacob - Yes, I didn't know at the time of posting. I thought it was just an interesting presentation. Not sure if I care enough to read his books. :lol:

@7w5 - What do you mean exactly by "it overly links progressive philosophy with high functioning"? I admit that I was sort of ignoring the intentions of the author in favor of the interesting connections made between various models.