INTJ University

Your favorite books and links
jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

INTJ University

Post by jacob »

https://intj.university/intj-personality/

One of the longest profiles I've ever seen. Worth reading if you're into MBTI.

TheWanderingScholar

Re: INTJ University

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Soo...you got something for INTPs.

(Althought how this is describing INTJs, I might have become one.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

A crack team of INTPs are working on it and will get it up as soon as it's perfect. ;)

TheWanderingScholar

So February 31st? :)

Fish

Post by Fish »

https://intj.university/about/ wrote: You Will Love INTJ University If...
  • You are willing to work on yourself to realize your dreams
  • You are willing to face your personal shadows to grow
  • You prefer comprehensive content
You Will Hate INTJ University If...
  • You’re looking for quick fixes to your problems
  • You just want the how (and not the why)
  • You prefer surface-level content
Now substitute “ERE book” for INTJ-U in the preceding quote. Works quite well, right? :)

CS

Post by CS »

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

Another way to distinguish between INTJs and INTPs is that the former are very concerned with [optimal] health (diet and exercise) whereas the latter is not so much/at all. Out of all types, INTJs are the least likely to die from cardiovascular issues. OTOH, on the extreme other end, having such a wound up relationship with one's body (Se-aspects) as it relates to the rest of the "mind", out of all types, INTJs are also the most likely type to engage in alcohol or drug abuse if they start "malfunctioning" under stress, unhappiness, etc.

CS

Post by CS »

@jacob

As an INTP, I have to agree! My health maintenance has to be snuck in, such as "if I don't gain weight, I don't have to go through the ordeal of shopping for new clothes,", or "if I use sunscreen, then my sunspots won't pop-out and I don't have to wear makeup to blend into society." The health benefits are not the motivating ones - it's the inner, lazy, don't want to do anything but think INTPishness that has to be placated.

Got lucky in one respect in that walking a mile to high school for four years nailed down (in my mind) the benefits of walking to the noggin. Forevermore walks == good thinking and a clear mind. Hence, a daily walk to a coffee shop or library makes me a happier INTP. The heart and muscle benefits are secondary.

Dream of Freedom

Post by Dream of Freedom »

"NTJs will relish at an opportunity to showcase their intellectual prowess, masking the ego by offering help to people in areas they possess a high level of knowledge and experience; indeed this is one of the rare cases of when INTJs will be unnerved by a social situation. Taking command of a problem that they are confident of solving is when the INTJ displays fluency in handling a social situation."

Oh...:idea:That explains the forums. :lol:

BlueNote

Post by BlueNote »

@jacob

Optimal health doesn't motivate me, an INTP, but good health does. To me optimal health would involve too much time and effort. As long as my major health metrics (BMI, cholesterol, blood pressure etc.) are under control then I consider the job done (the job isn't done BTW :oops: ) . Optimal health to me means pushing those and other less important metrics out well beyond the average. INTJ's seem to fall right into the groove of being the best in class at whatever they're interested in and have an aptitude for health/fitness. It's true I've yet to meet an overweight INTJ.

INTJ's like to manifest their ideas in reality whereas INTP's like to manifest reality in their ideas. Both types are introverted thinkers and from what I can tell generally get along well, like two puzzle pieces in a way.

slsdly

Post by slsdly »

It is true! I'm the INTJ obsessed with eating vegetables, getting outdoors and sweating, improving my heath metrics (well my GP tells me they are already incredible ;))....while my roommate is the jolly lazy INTP who does the minimum necessary. If we weren't friends, he probably would not have started eating anything green.

TheWanderingScholar

Yep sounds like an INTP: in general for health,"Did I eat some vegetables today? Did I eat more than three meals today? In that case, I am good on eating healthy?"

For weigh loss:
"Let's see tighten my built....and it feels looser. Awesome."

I literally measure my weight loss by how far my belt goes around my body honestly as I do not have access to a scale and don't want to pay for a gym membership, which takes money I don't want to use.

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

I might have posted this before or someone else might have, but this is another good description: https://www.typeinmind.com/nite/

daylen

Post by daylen »

Optimal health really isn't that hard to achieve, especially if you are young. Adapting your body/mind now to the conditions you will likely encounter in the future is smart given that it will become more challenging as you age. I'm an eNTP but we are quite similar to INTP's.

We need to start that xNTP university thread. :)

jacob
Site Admin

Post by jacob »

daylen wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm
P is for procrastination :P

TheWanderingScholar

jacob wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:20 pm
daylen wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm
P is for procrastination :P
Yep. That is true.