Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth, by Avi Loeb

Your favorite books and links
chenda

Re: Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth, by Avi Loeb

Post by chenda »

jennypenny wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:36 pm
@chenda -- Have you watched 'Surviving Death' on Netflix? For some reason, I thought of you when watching it. It's a fair treatment of different aspects of the issue, with some of it coming off as bunk and some of it more ... intriguing
I just finished it, it was a great watch. I found some of the medium stuff a bit tenuous but the reincarnation was fascinating. Arguably it doesn't proove reincarnation, it could suggest some sort of telepathic contact between say Marty Martyn and Ryan but even so, that would be pretty amazing.

Campitor

Re: Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth, by Avi Loeb

Post by Campitor »

@jacob

The 1st ship is scheduled to launch in 2036. Travel time to Alpha Centauri (AC) is estimated at 20 to 30 years which means the ship, if launched on schedule, would arrive at AC in 2056 to 2066. Then it would take 4 years for the return signal to arrive back on earth. I'll probably be in the grave by then unless life extension therapy is discovered.

But at least future humans will get a picture of what the AC solar system actually looks like.