Buckminster Fuller's Energy Slaves [Comic form]

Your favorite books and links
stand@desk

Re: Buckminster Fuller's Energy Slaves [Comic form]

Post by stand@desk »

That's just it though right? Having a discussion about moving to the Nordics is different than moving there. I suppose some rich people have already set-up bunkers and others might be living off the grid already, but that is the exception rather than the norm I'd speculate.

Emergency means there the house is on fire, time to get out. Not, oh, the house is on fire, but I'll still stay in it because it's one room over. If people aren't getting out of the house, maybe it's not on fire?

chenda

Post by chenda »

@s@d - don't presuppose people are acting rationally and not suffering from inertia or misinformation. People only leave en mass if there's war or famine or similar; an immediate crisis which threatens their basic needs.

George the original one

Post by George the original one »

stand@desk wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 pm
Emergency means there the house is on fire, time to get out. Not, oh, the house is on fire, but I'll still stay in it because it's one room over. If people aren't getting out of the house, maybe it's not on fire?
The climate is baked in already. The emergency is whether or not we care to limit the future damage and because there's a lead time to the effects, too many people still think we're doing just fine.

jacob
Site Admin
Location: USA, Zone 5b, Koppen Dfa, Elev. 620ft, Walkscore 77

Post by jacob »

Stuart McMillen (the author of the OP cartoon) talks about Buckmister Fuller:
https://soundcloud.com/user-494053335/b ... t-mcmillen

CS

Post by CS »

Only about a quarter of the way through but really like that podcast. McMillen is delightfully knowledgeable and well spoken!