BowTiedBull (DeFi Substack)

Your favorite books and links
RFS

BowTiedBull (DeFi Substack)

Post by RFS »

I've been enjoying BowTiedBull's substack on DeFi. It's helped me better understand the big picture behind crypto, blockchain, and how it can be leveraged to preserve wealth in an era where central bankers are abusing the fiat system to enrich themselves. Enjoy!

xmj

Re: BowTiedBull (DeFi Substack)

Post by xmj »

It's an evolution from the old WallStreetPlayboys.com site. I'm *guessing* the WSP site was sold along the way, the way they write (and, think) is different enough to shine through (WSP hated frugality approaches, BTB is preaching lentils...)

take2

Re: BowTiedBull (DeFi Substack)

Post by take2 »

I don’t think they sold; the writing style is very similar to the old WSP website and they’ve been pretty upfront about why they’ve made the switch. They’ve also been quite clear that a) their views have evolved as they’ve aged (I.e less interested in pure wealth and more interested in building a like-minded community); and b) their frugality approach is aimed at maximising what they view as a once in a lifetime opportunity to accumulate as much large-cap crypto as possible ahead of widespread institutional and retail adoption (and it’s also slightly tongue-in-cheek).

I “discovered” WSP about 6 months ago and have since subscribed to their BTB substack. I think they provide an interesting complementary approach to FIRE (though probably not ERE); that is, an aim to increase wealth as quickly and efficiently as possible. I also like their take on the macro economic and potential future taxation scenarios. Would recommend to anyone who is open to a direct writing style and interested in building financial capital in the crypto/e-commerce space.