Hello from TN

Say hello!!
Desert

Hello from TN

Post by Desert »

Hello all, very recent "retiree" here. I put the word in quotes, because I'm not sure what the future will bring. But at age 52, I decided to take at least a long break from work, and possibly early retirement. I have followed Jacob and ERE for quite some time, and I own and have read his excellent book. I have to confess that I've primarily used Jacob's writings to show my wife that our spending is actually quite extravagant by comparison. :) I look forward to hanging out in this forum.

wolf

Re: Hello from TN

Post by wolf »

Welcome Desert! Looking forward to read more about your journey. It sounds very interesting. How did you find out about ERE?

Desert

Re: Hello from TN

Post by Desert »

wolf wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:03 pm
Welcome Desert! Looking forward to read more about your journey. It sounds very interesting. How did you find out about ERE?
Hello, and thanks! I'm thinking of starting a journal here, even though I probably don't fit the ERE demographic real well.

I found out about ERE some time back, maybe ten years ago, when I was investigating early retirement. Then after Jacob took a break and sort of handed the baton to MMM, I had mostly forgotten about this site. Tyler reminded me of it recently, and I was glad to see all the activity here. Thanks again for the welcome.