Greetings from Western Europe

Say hello!!
Mae

Greetings from Western Europe

Post by Mae »

Hello all,

I am Mae, a 27 year old from Belgium, Western Europe. Currently engaged to FrugalPatat who is also wandering around these forums. He introduced me to the concept of FI. I feel very drawn to the notion of living in alignment with my/our values, keeping in mind the finite resources of mother earth.

Although I already am somewhat frugal, I feel like there's a lot of room for improvement still. E.g. I don't yet have the reflex to try and repair something first, before tossing it. (Although today, I fixed my clumpy mascara wand. Small steps, right?) And I could do better maintaining the stuff I already own.

In short: I am here to increase my awareness concerning aspects of FI and apply it to everyday life. Kind of feels like looking at the world with new eyes.

Current 'projects': logging our spendings, planning a frugal wedding, gardening without a garden (apartment), minimizing our book/CD/DVD collection (and earning some cash in the process) ...

Cheers!

Mae

TheWanderingScholar

Re: Greetings from Western Europe

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Hey Mae! Cheers from an American from Eastern Europe and welcome to the community!

Mae

Post by Mae »

TheWanderingScholar wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:56 am
Hey Mae! Cheers from an American from Eastern Europe and welcome to the community!
Thank you so much!

wolf

Post by wolf »

Welcome Mae to the ERE-forum!

If you are interested in
gardening without a garden (apartment)
you could have a look here:
Growing A Jungle In My New York Apartment

Mae

Post by Mae »

Thank you, wolf.

:lol: Fortunately, the idea isn't to grow a jungle. I am actually trying to grow edibles (arugula and berries for starters). I have a hard time keeping plants alive, so fingers crossed. Hopefully I will soon be eating homegrown plants!