Hi from AU / NZ

Say hello!!
TheFIminator

Hi from AU / NZ

Post by TheFIminator »

Hi everyone from the far far away (Australia/New Zealand). I am the FIminator (pronounced FY-minator) and I am on my journey towards terminating financial dependence & bad financial habits. I have been thinking of early retirement for over 10 years now but had no plan or knowledge of how to get there. I thought I was there on several occasions but something changed or we wanted more, so it never happened. I woke up in early 2018, started researching and am now on the path to FI in the next 1-2 years. My main driver is spending more quality time with my family, increasing my charity work and writing. I also have developed am increasing aversion to corporate life/culture over the years which has been great impetus to propel me on the FI path.

I would describe myself as a social introvert. I don’t particularly enjoy attention or the limelight but I do enjoy interacting with interesting and pleasant people. Some people say I am an extrovert and love talking but I don’t see that in myself. What I have discovered about myself recently though, is that I love writing. I also realised that there is little information on FI in the AU/NZ context. So I have recently started a blog to document my journey not only to help others but to clarify things in my own head. Do have a read and let me know your thoughts, that would be much appreciated. The blog is at www.thefiminator.com , hope you enjoy it.

wolf

Re: Hi from AU / NZ

Post by wolf »

Hello and Welcome! I had a look on your blog. Looks promising. Australia and NZ are great countries. I have been to Australia for 3 monts. I totally liked it. If I can I wanna go to NZ too. So...do you research within the next 1-2 years how you approach FI or will yo be FI within the next 1-2 years? I didn't understand it from your intro. If there are some nuances native speakers understand you gotta forgive me because English is my second language. Look forward to read more about your journey. Take care!

conwy

Re: Hi from AU / NZ

Post by conwy »

Great to see another person join the movement. I'm also from Australia (though currently living abroad).

I'll check our your blog.

Thanks for the inspiration and best luck on your journey.

Good on ya, mate!