HELLO EVERYONE FROM PORTLAND OREGON !!!!!

Say hello!!
dropoutretire

HELLO EVERYONE FROM PORTLAND OREGON !!!!!

Post by dropoutretire »

Hello everyone my name is Doug and I'm from the dropout and retire early blog. I personally dropped out o high school and hacked the so called normal life and because of hacking it I retired at 39 years young !!!!! LOL !!!!! I help teach young people usually high schoolers how dropping out of school is essential to retiring far faster than normal. Any questions just ask or visit me at dropout and retire early on facebook and thanks for looking !!!!!
Last edited by dropoutretire on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

theanimal

Re: HELLO EVERYONE FROM PORTLAND OREGON !!!!!

Post by theanimal »

HELLO AND WELCOME!

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

Thanks soooooo much for the welcome !!!!!

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

I assume itll be deleted in the op but ill say it anyway. You should probably lose the self referencing links/promotion. You have to earn that around here. And if you haven't already, you may find it worth your while to poke around the forums and blog. You'll find that it's not necessary to drpp out in order to retire early. In fact, Dear Leader himself obtained a PhD and retired at 30.

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

Sorry about the link, I didn't know that was a problem on here. I removed it. Yes I have poked around on here, GREAT SITE, love it ! Now for the dropping out to retire early remark. Please dont be a hater. I just think that if people read sites like this one and Mr. Money Mustache that there is really no need for the very long track to the higher education path. Heck I'm so much for educating myself that I left school early on because they were filling by brain with useless algorithms as Elon Musk likes to say. As for the the dear leader of this site getting a PHD I'm sure he looks back now and says why did I bother knowing what I know now. Look at Mr. Money Mustche in this article. http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/07/ ... ee-part-1/ he received a degree and you can tell he even questions it. Ive usually found that people that hate my position usually are either in college right now and hate it that I cheated the government induced system and they are just upset that they didn't take the path that I did. Trust me I was very scared to quit school at the young age of 15 because everyone kept telling me that I would be nothing and accomplish nothing without a piece of paper. It took some real balls to do what I did and iv accomplished far more than anyone that I know around me. I beat inflation and bought 6 houses and later in life I helped my son start a 100% debt free carlot, and yes I attribute all of these accomplishments to beating inflation. If I were in class for another 7 years including college I would have surely only been able to buy maybe 2 houses not 6.You have to remember that this site is called " EARLY RETIREMENT EXTREME " and thats what I did. I say if you can do it faster by dropping out of school and dropping into life so be it. I also say that if a college degree is the faster path more you then do it. But for 95% of society I would say that the dropping out path and a combo of reading this site and Mr. Money Mustache site is the better alternative. I think that less people should do the whole school thing than more should. The student loan debt crisis is proof of that. lol.

jennypenny

Post by jennypenny »

Hello ... again? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8726

C40

Post by C40 »

!!!! LOL !!!!!

I dig the 68mpg Geo Metro hypermiling

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

jennypenny wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 am
Hello ... again? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8726
HAHA !!!!! Good point !!!!! Its been soooooooooo long since I've been on the site I totally forgot that I said hello before. But who cares ? RIGHT ? LOL !!!!!

saving-10-years

Post by saving-10-years »

@JP Thanks for the link.

@Dropout 'who cares?' Well I guess I do. It makes me wonder how many forums you drop into from time to time to publicise your own blog. So many that you forget which ones you came to previously I guess.

Your post stats so far: 53 messages. 8 were within last couple of days (i.e. March 2018). Except for one in April 2017 (your 'Hopefully I inspire people here.' post) all others were March 2017. Could there is an annual fleeting visit? Perhaps you should stick around and learn to know us better? These ERE forums are a fantastic resource and pretty unique.

dropoutretire

Post by dropoutretire »

Thanks for the kind words. Have you already retired ? If so at what age and if not what age will it be ? I am trying to get to know you here. Thanks for your time. Your right I should stick around, I bet theres some amazing minds on here and I am always humble enough to learn more and more everyday. :D