Hi from Tennessee

Say hello!!
pjfire

Hi from Tennessee

Post by pjfire »

Hi everyone. Im 21 years old from the Jackson/ Brownsville Tennessee area. Iv lurked on these forums for a while and thought I would finally introduced myself. I read the ERE book several months ago and enjoyed it very much. I have been wanting to retire early for as long as I can remember, even before I ever had a job and was still in high school.

I went to trade school for welding and I currently work as a brake press operator. My reason for wanting to retire early is pretty much because I hate my job. I dont really want another job, I just want to be done with working completely so I can start enjoying my life. I felt the same way about high school and trade school.

I love gardening, cooking, exploring the outdoors, fishing, watching tv / movies, and playing video games. I also love spending time with my family.

I save and invest about 50% of my after tax income but I want to get that number higher. I dont really spend money on anything other than necessities with my biggest expense by far being my apartment.

I look forward to connecting with other forum members and I would love to meet like minded individuals that live in the same area as me. I have also enjoyed reading some of the journals on here and am considering starting my own.

Randy

Re: Hi from Tennessee

Post by Randy »

Hi pjfire! Glad you've made a profile and stopped lurking! I'm just starting on the ERE path myself and also save about 50% of my after tax income. Why do you hate your job so much?

pjfire

Re: Hi from Tennessee

Post by pjfire »

Hey Randy! I guess I hate my job because I just dont like having to do things I dont want to do all day long. Im bored out of my mind and would just rather be home. To make it worse we work 12 hours a day 6 days a week.