Hi, I'm unemployable.

Say hello!!
unemployable

Hi, I'm unemployable.

Post by unemployable »

And that username has a little bit of tongue-in-cheek and a whole lot of self-awareness.

I quit my last real job several years ago to move to the Colorado mountains. Between liking it here too much and bombing too many interviews attempting to get back to the real world, I haven't left. I did decide a few years ago financially prepare for never working at a real job again, and this has perhaps become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

My withdrawal rate is in the low 4's, call it 23-24x living expenses in liquid assets. I live in a place where working stiffs take their two weeks a year of vacation to, and although I have a good deal, I do pay up to live here. I could move to another part of the mountains and get it down to 3%, or another country and get it to 2%. Which is one of the things I currently fight myself over. On the ERE Wheaton scale I'm around Level 5 or 6.

This place seems to speak to me the best of any of the RE places on the internet. I tried posting to MMM and... how do I put this... they're too many Wheaton levels below me. I have no use for discussions about which debt to pay first and found the groupthink a bit overbearing and a tad hypocritical. They're focused more on the "offense" side of the earning/spending equation. Here, though... I think I can fit in because nobody seems to "fit in" in the larger sense. Y'all can be pretty candid about some of your lifestyle choices, yet generally tolerant of those of others'. Probably flows from the individualistic nature of ERE.

Anyway, that's the big picture of me. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to participate here, such as whether to do a journal, whether to wade into the political threads and so on.

fiby41

Re: Hi, I'm unemployable.

Post by fiby41 »

FU means finally unemployed to some of us.

unemployable

Post by unemployable »

fiby41 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 pm
Funemployed!

pammys

Post by pammys »

unemployable wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm
fiby41 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17 pm
Funemployed!
NIce!!!

Welcome :)

Farm_or

Post by Farm_or »

<--Farmer Underemployed

Welcome to the forum! Your misfitting will fit right in.