From long island to Kansas

Say hello!!
drake377

From long island to Kansas

Post by drake377 »

Hi i'm living in long island, with my mother right now.

My gameplan right now is to get my certification in Salesforce, which is a software used by many businesses. Certification leads to high-paying jobs and lots of demand. My plan after i get my certification is to get some experience working for some non-profits and then I want to get a Salesforce job working remotely and preferably part time. By working remote all I would need is my laptop and internet connection.

As I mentioned, i'm living with my mother right now. I plan on moving to Wichita kansas after I get the job. I chose wichita, kansas because after doing some research via Google searches, its one of the most affordable towns to rent an apartment in. This morning I found a listing online for $350 per month. That's a absolute bargain compared to the $1500 average in Long island where I am right now. I'm not interested in living out of an RV.

My ultimate goal is to take the extra money leftover to invest in real estate and a supplement business. So I can quit my job eventually and have financial and time freedom. Moving to the cheap rent and super affordable Wichita will help me greatly. Although the plan may shift overtime,(such as moving to a different town than Wichita, kansas) the ultimate goal is to achieve freedom as quickly as possible.

You can call me Drake for now. I'm young and I'm committed to retiring early. I'm here for any constructive advice I can get to execute my plan.

daylen

Re: From long island to Kansas

Post by daylen »

Lawrence is interesting; everywhere else in Kansas is dull. You could find a roommate here in Lawrence easy.

drake377

Post by drake377 »

Lawrence? Is that in Kansas? I'm open to moving elsewhere in the US. I'm not attached to Wichita, Kansas. Just going there because it's the cheapest rent in any other town I've researched on apartments.com

I know I can save more by living with a roommate but I do t want that. I need to live alone in order to focus on work.

daylen

Post by daylen »

I'm exaggerating slightly for dramatic effect and recruiting purposes. Welcome to the forums!

wolf

Post by wolf »

Welcome Drake to this forum! Have heard about ERE recently or do you have alread some experiences? Working in an IT-related and -based job, such as Salesforce makes it easier to get a high-paid job. If such a job suits you, you are able to save a lot of money. If you don't spend it, of course. You are at the right place to learn some usefull ERE skills.

drake377

Post by drake377 »

I just discovered ERE yesterday

2Birds1Stone

Post by 2Birds1Stone »

Welcome from a fellow Long Islander