My Story - I want to semi-retire early

Say hello!!
wannasre

My Story - I want to semi-retire early

Post by wannasre »

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while on the boards and recently signed up.

A little about me....

When I was 17 I started an e-commerce business, didn't have an exit plan besides an IPO (which in hindsight was probably shooting too far for the moon).

The business was phenomenal and every year we tripled, doubled, and even once quadrupled sales. On paper I was a "millionaire" at one point. Then came 2007-2009 :o We kept all of our chips on the table and never really took anything out of the business besides frugal living expenses.

In 2011, I left that business and got a job in IT which paid extremely well. While working at that job I came up with an idea for a business and started it in 2012. I ran it part time during the infant stage of hashing out the specifics, etc. Then in 2013 I lost that job and about a month later had a new work from home job that didn't pay as well, but it was a FT permanent position and not a contract job like the last one.

Well after 4+ years of working there, the leadership has changed drastically and I've been a survivor of a major reorganization. I was also promoted rather quickly and am now the manager of a pretty big team at a very large company (I won't mention the name).

The problem is I am TIRED and BURNED OUT. I literally hate my job on most days. The first few years were amazing and I looked forward to going to work every morning and was a big part of many major initiatives, but after the leadership change the politics have begun to become way too much for me to handle. In addition, they expect us to output more work with less resources. I want OUT ASAP.

I've posted my potential "escape plan" here: https://forum.earlyretirementextreme.co ... f=9&t=9012.