Frugal Chicos Going back Home

Say hello!!
Frugalchicos

Frugal Chicos Going back Home

Post by Frugalchicos »

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself to the community:

I am a 34-year-old guy from the Basque Country, studied business management and came to the US a little bit over 4.5 years ago. Actually working in international commerce.

Wife, 28-year-old Midwestern. Working in marketing for the same great company since graduated from college.

Goal: Go back home to the Basque Country with my American wife. It sounds quite straightforward and easy. However, the dream/plan has some complexity since the current youth unemployment rate in Spain is about 41.5%. In addition, the housing market has been adjusted during the post crisis years, but it is still 25% inflated. At this point we are still deciding what our monetary goal is. It can vary from 350K to be FI to 500K to be ERE.

Currently saving an average of 62% of take home salary (currently cutting expenses and shooting for a 69%), plus doing 401K and retirement plan contributions. Also doing some side hustling like Airbnb 6 months a year.

The mechanics to get to the goal are: investing about $4,200 every month in a Betterment account (90% stocks and 10% bonds).

Day dreaming in having enough money by the end of 2020 and moving back home without the need of working anymore or at least being FI and have the opportunity of taking it easy and open up a business (thinking in an English academy with the wife).

Cheers and thanks for welcoming!

P.S Link showing where the Basque Country is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Co ... er_region)