uk newbie

Say hello!!
confused

uk newbie

Post by confused »

Hi everyone, confused here.
I've occasionally looked in on this forum before, there's always helpful things here.

However I will confess to an ulterior motive for joining: I'm trying to track down someone I know from another forum, and I know he reads this site. When I say I 'know' him, I actually don't know his real name or anything (such is the internet!).

Ive tried a search and I think I've found him. It's quite disturbing actually, how with so few details we can be found so easily. :shock: , and I'm far from expert at this internet stuff! but it doesn't look like he's posted for a couple of years (if its him)

so, 2 questions if I pm him, will he recieve an email to say theres a message, or do you only know if you log in?

and, if not, could I start a thread 'searching for x...' or would that just be plain rude? I'm new and this isn't the classified section of the papers! I don't want to tread on toes and create bad feelings :oops:

meanwhile whether I contact him or not I'll still have a good read while I'm here, lots of good stuff.

thanks everyone, and nice to meet you.

ps, its nothing sinister, we both used to post elsewhere, but thats gone now and I just want to tell him our new place, because he was a regular there. Thanks.