Hello From Texas

Say hello!!
TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Hello YoungAndWise I'm a fifteen year old guy living in a small town in Texas that is about about two and half hours away from Dallas to give you an idea.
Anyways, I ran into ERE around October, however I've had interest in Personal Finance for a couple years now and because of ERE I have a new long term goal: retire by 35 with one million dollars in mostly high yield dividend stocks so I can follow a career as a writer and not worry about bills. Along with that I have also discovered the minimalist livestyle which I'll try out when I can leave home and go to college for a degree in Accountant so I can have job that pays well and is secure.
Which also allows me to have skills that I can freelance in case I need money say for example I get married (however I will make it clear that I DO NOT WANT to have children to my future wife), the company I've invested in goes out of business, and etc.
Basically I'm lining myself up with back up plans and back up plans for my back up plans so I don't have to work for forty years.

AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Welcome. I suspect you will attain your goal much sooner than age 35 if you stay motivated.

Surio

Post by Surio »

Hearty Greetings (Howdy Pardner, just to evoke the cliche ;-))!
15 and wise beyond the years - Honoured to meet you, Sir!
I completely concur with AlexK. The element of time, is definitely on your side, as they say!
Send the forums some "minimalist" postcards once you've achieved it. ;-)
Good Luck.

Best,

Surio.

---

Mo

Post by Mo »

I can't imagine a better start to minimalism than starting when you leave home for college. I didn't think of myself as a minimalist at that point, but looking back, I realize that for the first two years of college all of my possessions fit into my compact car. Of course, a lot of that has to do with furniture-- I didn't own any of my own furniture at that point (except a folding chair and folding table): no bed, no desk, etc. Still, if you can get all of your stuff other than furniture into a small car, you're doing a pretty good job on the minimalism.

Kevin M

Post by Kevin M »

Fellow accountant here (CPA) if you have any questions. You're off to a great start thinking about this stuff at 15.

TheWanderingScholar

Post by TheWanderingScholar »

Thanks for all the replies!

@Mo: I'm going to try and see if I can fit all my stuff on a container that would fit on the back of a Trike. All I need is maybe my laptop (my accesories), a skillet(Yes, I can cook meals besides frozen foods. Shocking right?), a stirring spoon,and well besides that not much else besides clothes and a towel for baths.